Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pit Bull Abused with Acid (Warning - very graphic!!!)

CyberKitten
March 22nd, 2006, 12:41 AM
Someone sent me this and I was just so appalled - another day I like people less, sigh!! How can anyone be so cruel to do this to a puppy? Gawd!

http://www.pasadosafehaven.org/CRUELTY%20NEWS/Puppy_Acid.htm

Prin
March 22nd, 2006, 02:14 AM
Graphic indeed. :eek: Not for the faint of heart at all.. Most of the doggy's skin is burned. Even inside her mouth.:( Poor baby. I can't believe what people can do. :sad: :sad: :sad:

mastifflover
March 22nd, 2006, 07:33 AM
That is just awful. Personally if I found the person who did this I might be tempted to do the same to them see how it feels Sorry but these people disgust me

twodogsandacat
March 22nd, 2006, 07:55 AM
I am appalled but not shocked. When Michael Bryant introduced the so called ‘pit bull ban’ I started down a long path of researching theses dogs. My conclusion….pit bulls most of all need protecting not banning. The more I dug the more I disliked humans.

Pit bulls are abused in so many ways that I could write for a week. It’s often ignored. It’s almost as if some believe that they ‘deserve’ it or were 'asking' for it. Terms we would never use when speaking of a human victim. Instead we should be using the abuse of dogs as an indicator into the mind of the individuals who do things like this.

I hope that for those who believe in heaven and hell that when the day comes these sons of bitches look into the face of God and he shows them the face that he once came to them with….the face of a pit bull....and then sends them straight to hell. (I'm grumpy this morning).

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men.St. Francis of Assisi

babyrocky1
March 22nd, 2006, 10:40 PM
I cant face opening the link, is it in Ontario? Do they know who did it?

Prin
March 22nd, 2006, 11:19 PM
Well the police report attached says that the owner and his wife were not home at the time, but then he said he heard a ruckus from outside but would not tell the cop who it was (he knew, just wouldn't say). His wife said her cousin was involved in the ruckus, but definitely wouldn't hurt their dog. It's kind of wishy-washy.:confused:

No witnesses...

The doggy was euthanized.

It looks like he was alone in the yard while they were at work.

Oh, and don't look. It's just sad and horrifying. You can imagine the images without seeing them. That's why I described it a bit above. Just sad. Poor doggy.

mastifflover
March 22nd, 2006, 11:47 PM
Twodogs excellent post and I agree 100 percent. This was in the states.

jesse's mommy
March 23rd, 2006, 06:13 AM
I cant face opening the link, is it in Ontario? Do they know who did it?

Me neither.

Thanks Prin for giving a summary without being too graphic.

HunterXHunter
March 23rd, 2006, 08:28 AM
I want to know what the **** is going on in these people's heads when they do **** like this. ****, now my day is ruined :(

...poor puppy....

Slams_58
March 23rd, 2006, 09:53 AM
What is wrong with people? That poor pup hasn't been on the earth long enough to be the so-called "Monster" that they make Pits out to be! The way I see it... any dog can be a "Monster" if it's raised the wrong way. I don't care what breed it is... they can all be jsut as dangerous if they're provoked enough. Are they doing to start banning all dogs so these people can justify torturing them?

My son was bit by a Black Lab ( after complications it was 4 trips to the ER before it was all done) , and it was only because the owner only ever rough housed with it and never trained or excersised it AT ALL!!! I didn't go over and shoot the dog or dip it in acid... Although I would have liked to go slap the owner upside his big fat head!!!

you have to be one VERY VERY disturbed person to do that to a helpless animal for no reason.... and still be able to live with yourself.

doggy lover
March 23rd, 2006, 10:20 AM
That is just so sad, what a sick world we live in. It just makes me so sad and angry to see things like this happen to animals. Like that idiot that ran into the mounted horse here in Scarborough. I would like to do the same thing to them and see how they like it. An eye for an eye.

Melei'sMom
March 23rd, 2006, 03:39 PM
speechless

people are monsters, not the dogs.

Shaykeija
March 24th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Race to the bridge baby, no more pain, no more fear, find my friend Cathy there , she will love you and take care of you. Cathy loved all animals and passed away 2 weeks ago to lung cancer. Play with Shayker, Akeija, Dallas and Charlie. RIP little one:sad:

catsnatcher-CDN
March 24th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Very sad... These animals who suffer at the hands of the heartless die such horrible deaths. In their short life, they at least raise awareness to animal rescue causes and always live on in the memories of people with golden hearts who would have loved them, had their fate led down another them another path. :sad:

HunterXHunter
March 24th, 2006, 12:08 PM
That is just so sad, what a sick world we live in. It just makes me so sad and angry to see things like this happen to animals. Like that idiot that ran into the mounted horse here in Scarborough. I would like to do the same thing to them and see how they like it. An eye for an eye.

"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Ghandi (I think...)

I think that Canada should have one of those "animal abuser" list type things (similar to the child molester list) so that you know if your new neighbor has had such a history. I know I would keep a closer eye on my Hunter if that were the case (not that I let him roam around outside by himself or anything, but you get the point)

mom_to_many
March 24th, 2006, 12:32 PM
OMG...did that poor baby not scream in pain?? Where were the neighbors??? What is wrong with people?? Not checking the oily spot....I thought that would be called EVIDENCE!! Oh but I forget...just a dog.:sad:

Prin
March 24th, 2006, 01:13 PM
"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Ghandi (I think...)
I love that quote. That one and "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king".. (but that's not good for this context).

dogbyte40
March 24th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I live in rural Alberta Canada and this type of cruelty happens everywere! As unthinkable as it is. Last summer someone HUNG their pitty from a tree because they were moving and couldn't take him...so they say...they were not prosecuted, nothing was done at all and worse yet, the farmers in our area think it was nothing....only a dog and a pitbull, pitbulls are dangerouse.
I have a pitbull and she is the sweetest dog on the planet.

babyrocky1
March 24th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Its everywhere, yesterday while I was looking for donations for the fundraiser, I went into a pet store and the owner told me that the ban was bad for his business,, I asked "how so" He replied that alot of the people who used to have pitties got rid of them when it became too "expensive" I asked what do you mean expensive, "well you know, muzzling and spaying etc." AHH Gosh I have no idea in what manner they got "rid" of thier dogs but man, can you imagine??? One they werent spayed and nuetered in the first place, and 2 got rid of them over the cost of a muzzle and a nuetering operation....Obviously not the kind of people that should own a dog or that shoud be allowed to walk freely among "normal" people. but Geeez!

twodogsandacat
March 25th, 2006, 12:35 AM
Its everywhere, yesterday while I was looking for donations for the fundraiser, I went into a pet store and the owner told me that the ban was bad for his business,, I asked "how so" He replied that alot of the people who used to have pitties got rid of them when it became too "expensive" I asked what do you mean expensive, "well you know, muzzling and spaying etc." AHH Gosh I have no idea in what manner they got "rid" of thier dogs but man, can you imagine??? One they werent spayed and nuetered in the first place, and 2 got rid of them over the cost of a muzzle and a nuetering operation....Obviously not the kind of people that should own a dog or that shoud be allowed to walk freely among "normal" people. but Geeez!

I would like to make one suggestion for when this ban is overturned. If you gave up a pit bull (knowing what it meant to the dog) because it was ‘too expensive’ or a ‘hassle’ don’t rush out and get another pit bull….you don’t deserve one.