Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nutrizoo

coppperbelle
March 21st, 2006, 08:59 PM
A guy came to my door tonight trying to sell me dog food. He had left a pamphlet yesterday and I looked up the ingredients last night. I was not impressed so when he came to the door tonight I was prepared. He asked what I was feeding my dogs presently, how much I paid etc...
He asked my concerns about his food and when I explained that there was corn in most of them, brewers rice and what the heck was chicken liver digest. I am hoping the last one is just a translation thing. He listened to all my concerns and then said thank you for educating him, he had learned a lot through our conversation. He was going to inform the company of my concerns and offered me a sample which he thought I wouldn't take. He knew I wasn't going to switch my dogs from what I was feeding to his foood. I told him that I had lots of fosters and that I always try to find a food with good ingredients that is easily found in stores to recommend to new adopters.
He was obviously a salesman that didn't know very much about dog food ingredients,.

Prin
March 22nd, 2006, 12:46 AM
Digest, I believe, is whatever it is (in this case, liver) digested with enzymes before being added to the food. It's partially digested so the dog's GI tract doesn't have to work so hard. Yeah, it's gross. "Mind if I pre-chew your food for you?" :sick:

And ya, salespeople rarely know their product. I don't think he'll pass that info on to the next customer.:evil: