Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found injured Cat- passed away quietly.

lauriem
March 21st, 2006, 10:31 AM
In The middle of February, my 11 year old daughter chased down a cat that had been hit by a car. We brought him into the house and kept him warm. He was purring gently, as if to thank us for doing one last humane thing.
He was only in the house for a few minutes until he passed away. There was nothing anyone could have done. I called the vet. We did our best to keep calm and quiet, one last loving kiss to a creature who will, any minute, cease to exist. And in that moment he was gone. The electricity that was him, died.

There were 7 people in my house that day, each one has this memory forever. In case this was your cat I just want you to know he died in a warm caring place, and I'm really sorry the people who loved him could not be there. This note is just to let people know that when they let their pets roam free, there can be consequences. Why does someone like me, have to be the last thing this wonderful innocent creature must depend on, where's HIS Home?

I have taken some photos of the cat after he passed away, if the owner needs and I.D email me. Discretion advised.:sad:

We named him Snoop. He was in my life for about 15 minutes.
He purred in his last moments, although he was broken in half and could not move his lower body.
Wrapped in warm towels, saved from the cold, but not from death.
It was over quickly, but I'll never forget the cry that came before he exhaled his last breath. I'll never forget that far away stare that begged for help, The stare that quickly turned to steel. He was gone before I could help. I'll never sleep the same ever again.

He had long dark chocolate brown fur and very fluffy too, especially his poofy tail, beautiful. He was a large cat, probably 12 to 15 pounds. He had a flat face , almost like a persian. I live in St-Mathias, quebec, that's the south shore of montreal. We found this cat on Masse street. He seemed quite young, his teeth were very white and looked like a young cats teeth. Maybe a year old.
His fur was a bit knotted. Male. No tag. could have been a stray.

thanks very much
Laurie

erykah1310
March 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM
What a horrible thing to happen to such a kitty, thankfully he died in a loving caring warm home.

CyberKitten
March 22nd, 2006, 12:25 AM
omg, such a sad story!! I am glad at leat that your family was there for him!! Poor baby!!!

Prin
March 22nd, 2006, 01:56 AM
Thank you so much for doing this for this kitty. You're a wonderful person.:grouphug:

cpietra16
March 22nd, 2006, 08:17 AM
It's a very unfortunate death, but I'm happy it was in a very loving home when she went over the bridge...thank-you