-->

I gotr the job!!! But I have a question about my current job

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 20th, 2006, 07:58 PM
:D

Its official I got the job - the one working from home see thread

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24782

I give my notice on thursday.

Here is my dilemma - apparently if you leave my work you dont get the bonuses you work for - and some you dont work for and spend a lot of time with a customer.

So I was thinking of not offering as I will not actually get paid for them - but if I dont I get stuck in a different cue - the one where all the customers have had their phones shut off - or cant pay their bills and their usually miserable. The bonuses can end up to be a couple a hundred dollars some months so I would be basically what ever I made.

So do I give up my bonus - but talk to mostly happy people

or do I spend the next two weeks talking to miserable people. :D

jesse's mommy
March 20th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Congrats on getting the job!!:party:

As for the question do you give up your bonus? Well there's a few ways you can look at it. Two weeks really isn't a long time. It will seem like a long time, but in reality it really isn't. So the question you have to ask yourself, how much do you need the money?

If you stick with the miserable people, you will be more thankful to leave the job after the two weeks. If you stick with the easy people, you may end up second guessing if you made the right decision, though inside you know you did. I don't know if this was any help or not. I have a tendency to over analyze things.

NaNa8
March 20th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Congrats.... http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Happy/2Thumbs.gif
I am not sure which way I would go either. If I could afford it, I think that I would just cut my loss, and give the 2 weeks notice. But that is me.

Prin
March 20th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Yey! Congrats on the new job!

I don't get the current job issue though.. Do you get a bonus one way but not the other? Personally, after working in customer service, I'd take the happy people.:D

Byrd
March 21st, 2006, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I don't understand the bonus thing either.

If you work with the miserable people, you can tell them off! What are they gonna do, fire you? :p