Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Problems with neighbours - its a bit long!

Catt31
March 20th, 2006, 05:43 PM
ARGHHH!!! Damn kids!!! Ok, here is a brief rundown of our living situation. We bought this house a year ago, and our neighbour was a nice lady with 2 older sons (18 & 20). She had a boyfriend who lived 2 hours away so was always gone on weekends - boys would PARTY......call the cops...nothing done, blah blah blah. Anyways, in January, the Mom moved out with bf & 2 kids PLUS a friend are renting the house from her (Yeah....I know!!) Kids continually party but hae now received a fine and all is quiet with the partying.

The problem lies here: Their dog! The dog is a little terrier type cross something or other, quite cute BUT YAPPY AS ALL HECK!! He barks at EVERYTHING! We talked to them, we called by-law, not much they can do. The dog is an outside dog but the SPCA won't/can't do anything b/c he h as access to a heated garage. Basically, the dog is neglected, never gets to go in the house & NEVER has any attention except what he gets from me over the fence.

NOW that has to stop because of the next problem: Last week, I was going out the front door to take Brick for a walk, and Shorty (their dog) came running up and wanted to play (he & Brick play on occasion when Shorty has escaped from the yard). I told him to go home, but neglected to put him intheir yard myself because the one kid was home & he is a total ******* and does not want us (Brick mainly) on his deck (whatever!) I continued to walk with Brick but Shorty was following us and Brick was going crazy, so I looped around the back alley & brought Shorty into my yard so I could go take him home. Just as I was at the front gate, the "kid" (a-hole) pops his head out his door and says, "Excuse me, why is my dog in your yard??". I replied, "because he was out on the street & I'm returning him to your yard so he doesn't get hit by a car". The kid says "well how does he get out? someone is home all the time & we don't let him out". I said, "well, you better check your fence cuz I put him back in your yard about 3 or 4 times a week". Then he slammed the door. I was so upset I almost started crying right there. He was insinuating that I let his dog out of their yard, but really, I'm the only one on the damn street that even cares about this dog. He runs wild 3-4 days a week & they don't give a hoot. I've called bylaw but whenever they finally make it to the area, he is gone, or back in his yard.

What do I do??? You can't reason with these kids, and they are already mad at us for getting the fine for partying. HELP!!!! :eek:

mastifflover
March 20th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I really don't know what you can do but just keep reporting the incidents that way there is a record of it. Just in case they try and start trouble saying you are letting the dog out. I would not be surprised if he was doing it on purpose realizing you would never let the dog run loose. Sounds like he may be seeking a bit of revenge for ruining their party house. Maybe you should try and contact the mother, and let her know what is going on at home. Do it nicely and your concern for the dog being outside all the time.

mastifflover
March 20th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I really don't know what you can do but just keep reporting the incidents that way there is a record of it. Just in case they try and start trouble saying you are letting the dog out. I would not be surprised if he was doing it on purpose realizing you would never let the dog run loose. Sounds like he may be seeking a bit of revenge for ruining their party house. Maybe you should try and contact the mother, and let her know what is going on at home. Do it nicely and your concern for the dog being outside all the time.

badger
March 20th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Tell him next time you find the dog in your yard, you'll take him to the pound and they'll have to pay a fat fee to get him back. Maybe they'll leave him there and he'll get adopted by someone who gives a damn. You could let the pound know that if there is any question of the dog being put down, you'll take him and then find a rescue to help you rehome him (I guess you might have to keep him at a friend's, to avoid any trouble...)
Too far out?

happycats
March 20th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I know some may not agree, but....next time you find him running free, make him dissappear, instead of returning him!!
Do make sure you have a good place for him (A home where he will be loved, and allowed inside, and that's far away from his current home;) ) Small dogs seem to be in high demand.

badger
March 20th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Even better, although the party animals will probably figure it out and create trouble.

t.pettet
March 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I would find this little guy a better home, don't think partying kids are responsible enough to take care of him, as you've witnessed.

Shaykeija
March 20th, 2006, 08:35 PM
:pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: right to a new home that will love this little soul

Prin
March 20th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I'm agreeing with the above... He's offering himself to you to find him a new home.;)