Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The look of a happily adopted pet

mhass1129
March 20th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I am amazed at how peaceful and greatful animals LOOK when they are welcomed into good homes. It's as if they seem to know they will be taken good care of, and they are at perfect peace.

I hope you guys have pics to share that reflect this, I'm going to put one that I think is a perfect example: This is what Hunter looks like when he takes his naps on me.

chico2
March 20th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Awww,what a little cutie and look at those big paws,he's one lucky little pup:thumbs up
How do the cats react to the pup??

Rick C
March 20th, 2006, 05:10 PM
That's the picture of the day.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

woodysdad
March 20th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Like we've adopted our last three (latest Buddy - see Woody's Successor) we know that a rescue dog gives love and fidelity.
Good luck with the wee one - you have his trust already!

WD
:thumbs up

toby's tracy
March 20th, 2006, 07:09 PM
That's the picture of the day.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

I agree! What a sweet picture! :love:

Frenchy
March 20th, 2006, 07:31 PM
OHHHHH,he's so cute,I actually looked where you were located,but it's too far for me to dogsit:sad: keep the pictures coming.

Prin
March 20th, 2006, 10:10 PM
So adorable.:)

mhass1129
March 20th, 2006, 11:16 PM
The cats will sleep near him, even next to him, but don't want to have anything to do with him when he's awake. LOL. Fortunately, they haven't hissed or scratched at him - I am keeping a watchful eye. Everytime he comes close they just run and jump up on higher furniture, and he turns his attention to something else.

If you have good adoptoin stories and/or pics, please post!

My mom and sister adopted another cutie, alot bigger, and THAT's a story. Total dog transformation. When I get the "after" pictures of this dog, I will post the "before" (when she was just brought home) and "after" as well as the story. :thumbs up

Prin
March 20th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Jemma and the man last night... She's a happy adoptee too.:love:

Prin
March 20th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Boo being a happy adopted pet...:D

jessi76
March 21st, 2006, 10:31 AM
Hunter is adorable! isn't it great when they nap ON you? I know exactly what you mean when you say "they are at perfect peace" in their new forever homes... here's my lil guy the day we brought him home from the shelter at 8 wks... he's quite a bit bigger now, 45lbs, but he STILL naps ON me....still in perfect peace.

our adoption story is quite simple - there were 3 pups left from a litter of 5 born at a shelter, we went to see them, and although we clearly wanted to keep them ALL, this little guy made it obvious that HE wanted US. I generally tell people although we signed the adoption papers, it was Tucker that adopted us. and that was that, he came home, and settled right in.

mhass1129
March 22nd, 2006, 08:52 AM
Jessi he is precious! I just want to curl up right next to him and smell him! My husband doesn't understand how being pregnant I can't stand his smell when he comes home from work, but I'll sleep with puppy breath and dog smell right up in my face completely happy! I love puppy smell! :p