Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Inquiring about a new Vet

New Owner
March 20th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Hi All,
I have been a long standing client of ***************for 20 years.
I have a cat with Cardiomyopathy and I have been giving her the same meds for the last 7 years. I called the clinic for a refill of the prescription and I was told that the cat had not been in for over a year and they would not fill the prescription until I came in with the cat.

I told them to make me an appointment for next week. Then get this, the girl told me the vet would only fill the prescription for 8 days. It is ordered from Summit pharmacy in Ontario and sent to Montreal. They expect that I will pay more for meds that will cover 8 days because I won't come in for this week. My usual vet is away on holidays.

This is proposterous!! Blackmail really.... To top it off they have been making little mistakes here and there with the file name and the med orders in the past. Is it just me or have they gone downhill.....
Anyone have a good vet to recommend I live in Saint Laurent.

Please read the rules, your post is slander. Thank you.

poodletalk
March 20th, 2006, 04:04 PM
************has a very good reputation; I don't think it's the vets who are making the mistakes but the receptionists. If you are not happy with the service or there's something bothering you, talk to the vet and I am sure he can work it out.

Personally, I don't take my dogs there I go in St.Lambert but I know many people who do and they love it and swear by the vet.

I know of another good vet clinic not far away from ******, TMR Vet Clinic on Graham street the vet is very nice and so are the receptionists.

OntarioGreys
March 20th, 2006, 05:47 PM
It is not unusual to have policies regarding the dispensing of drugs, a lot of drugs can have serious sideeffects especially if used long term so animal have to be monitored because some can be fatal or the animal needs to be checked out to see if adjustments in dosage are needed.