Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is my Lucy pregnant?

Sandnesviking
March 20th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Hi everyone:
New to this site so I just want to say sorry if I am in the wrong forum.
I have a sh it zu (sp?) toy poodle cross. Her name is Lucy and I was breeding her last month, she went into heat about the 9th or 10th of February and she was bread with another shi it zu on the 20th and 21st after they had been together for a week to 10 days. On the 25th she had some spotting that lasted for 3 days and I thought that it hadn't taken but now she is showing signs that she "may" be pregnant. Her teats are becoming bigger and there is fluid that I can feel around them. She is off her food and seems a bit sad to me. My question is: Is it normal to have spotting after breeding that lasts for a few days and can she be pregnant or could it be a false pregnancy. Right now she is 4 weeks along if she is with babies. Or should I take her to the vet? I need some suggestions. Thanks

OntarioGreys
March 20th, 2006, 02:21 PM
When I am not sure about something medically related, I normally phone my vet first, the phone call is free, they can advice me whether or not I should bring the dog in right away

Prin
March 20th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I agree.:)

t.pettet
March 20th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Why are you a back-yard breeder? Are there not enough dogs being pts in shelters every day that you have to add to the pet over-population?

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
March 20th, 2006, 08:59 PM
When I am not sure about something medically related, I normally phone my vet first, the phone call is free, they can advice me whether or not I should bring the dog in right away
Seconded.

I would also suggest to have Lucy spayed. In addition to not bringing more mixed breed dogs into the world when there are so many in need of homes, she'll be a much healthier, happier pet after the procedure :)

Soroush
March 21st, 2006, 12:34 AM
Hi everyone:
New to this site so I just want to say sorry if I am in the wrong forum.
I have a sh it zu (sp?) toy poodle cross. Her name is Lucy and I was breeding her last month, she went into heat about the 9th or 10th of February and she was bread with another shi it zu on the 20th and 21st after they had been together for a week to 10 days. On the 25th she had some spotting that lasted for 3 days and I thought that it hadn't taken but now she is showing signs that she "may" be pregnant. Her teats are becoming bigger and there is fluid that I can feel around them. She is off her food and seems a bit sad to me. My question is: Is it normal to have spotting after breeding that lasts for a few days and can she be pregnant or could it be a false pregnancy. Right now she is 4 weeks along if she is with babies. Or should I take her to the vet? I need some suggestions. Thanks

LOL! I'm speechless! I have a shih-tzu-poodle called Lucy too!

Sandnesviking
March 21st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Wow that IS funny. Is your Lucy black and white too? Have you bred her too?

marko
March 21st, 2006, 12:07 PM
Here's some info on what to expect.

http://www.pets.ca/articles/article-dogpregnant.htm

Please take your pet to the vet.

Thread closed.

Marko
ADMIN