Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm such a ninny! (mildly graphic)

Skryker
March 20th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Had one of those over-reacting embarrassing moments this morning. The pups are not quite 5 months old now, and there's some humping going on now and again (they are shortly to be fixed, so it won't be an issue for long ;) .). I've assumed that it was more about dominance than anything else but put a stop to it when I see it anyways. Often, it's at the wrong end anyway-rear to head. Looks very bad from a human perspective, right?
So this morning, I seperated Fingal's nether end from Bronny's mouth (I said it looks bad, right? :o ) and promptly freaked out because I thought she had pulled him inside out and his penis was dangling dangerously where it shouldn't be. Maybe this would be a good time to point out that all the dogs I've ever had have been female. I actually woke my husband up thinking we were headed to the emergency vet.
My husband took one look and said, "Oh, has he been licking himself?". Then hubby heard me out, looked at me in disbelief and said "Um, it will go back on its own...he just got his first boner, that's all." He got Fingal to jump up, and sure enough, everything returned to where it should be.:o
And I'm 35 years old and have been married for 9 years...how naive am I?:D

Shaykeija
March 20th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the morning laugh...:p

Skryker
March 20th, 2006, 12:04 PM
You're welcome! I had to share, since it was too funny. Keeps me humble :angel: . Just in case I start thinking I know it all....:eek: My husband grew up on a farm and finds my city kid stuff very funny. :p

loveyadogs
March 20th, 2006, 01:11 PM
:crazy: I am at work , I so needed that, lol! THANKS ! tee hee:p

Prin
March 20th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Hee hee he was showing off his lipstick?:D

Skryker
March 20th, 2006, 02:43 PM
He was showing off SOMETHING alright!:evil: Fixin' day is coming real soon.

Prin
March 20th, 2006, 02:54 PM
lol guys, do we tell her that it might not stop with neutering? :evil: Dogs have "happy" times throughout their lives, some more frequently than others.

Skryker
March 20th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Yup, but since these guys are brother and sister, I really don't want any banjo-playin' pups around. :evil: And at least having them s/n will relieve that worry. As for "happy times", at least now I know what I'm seeing :D !!!

(In my defense, it was very early this morning, it's been a tough week and I'm sick right now. Honest.:o )

mastifflover
March 20th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Yep Buddys (neutered) chilli pepper makes the odd appearance usually in really inappropriate places. That was too funny made me almost spit my coffee out

erykah1310
March 20th, 2006, 05:00 PM
That was just way to funny, thanks for that, after a sad few days i really needed that!!! :thumbs up

jesse's mommy
March 20th, 2006, 06:42 PM
This made me laugh out loud!!

Skryker
March 21st, 2006, 03:15 PM
This made me laugh out loud!!

:D It's made my family laugh quite a bit, too. It's kinda a classic "me" moment. :o

Lucky thing I can laugh at myself-at least I'll always be amused.

Skryker
March 21st, 2006, 03:19 PM
Yep Buddys (neutered) chilli pepper makes the odd appearance usually in really inappropriate places. That was too funny made me almost spit my coffee out

I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Fingal in all his glory, too. Next time I hope I can manage to respond by ignoring it, not flipping out.:cool:

Bushfire2000
March 21st, 2006, 03:27 PM
Very funny. Great story a keeper.

Melei'sMom
March 21st, 2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the chuckle, and don't feel bad...that sounds like something I would do too! :crazy:

toby's tracy
March 23rd, 2006, 12:35 PM
Hee hee he was showing off his lipstick?:D

Prin - my sister and I used to always call it his lipstick! Thanks for reminding me about that, I think I'll call her!

And that is hilarious, Skryker, but really it is quite the yucky sight, isn't it!

toby's tracy
March 23rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
lol guys, do we tell her that it might not stop with neutering? :evil: Dogs have "happy" times throughout their lives, some more frequently than others.

Toby's been neutered since the summer and he still tries to do the humpty-hump on dogs' heads at the dog park. They love it when they see us coming...:thumbs up