Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Very bummed

Rottielover
March 20th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Hey guys , as all of you know I am a single mom. Unfortunetly the SRC had to cancel there yearly seiger show, which was my 1 excuse to find time for me, and let me do something I really enjoyed. Grandma babysits for the long weekend, I take time off for me.
Well I am at a loss as what I can do. I do not know anyone outside montreal to do stuff with...
What can I do?.
I am alone with Harley And need to plan on doing something the last weekend in May....Any suggestions. Is there any doggie stuff going on at the end of May ???
I LOVE my daughter, I am just going crazy, I need some mommie time:grouphug:

Rottielover
March 20th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I have a full 4 days to play with, does anyone have any ideas?

poodletalk
March 20th, 2006, 03:01 PM
End of May, is the SPCA Monteregie dogwalk. Bring Harley, both of you will have a great time.

Personally, if I had four days to play with, I would go to Mt.Tremblanc and go to the SPA. My friends went, they said it's absoutly amazing. http://tremblantactivities.com/en/individuals/individual_activities/spascandinave.asp

Rottielover
March 20th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Personally, I was trying to find something to do with dogs....I am trying to find people who have the same thing in common with me. Can you give me more detail on the dog walk ?

poodletalk
March 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM
We are working on the final touches of the walk, it will be Sunday May 28th. The registration will start around 9:30 am, (people get pledges and sponsors all the money goes to the SPCA Monteregie) three top prizes for the most money raised. All day activies, pet blessing, vet demostration on first aid. Wheel of fortune, raffles, breakfast and lunch. Walk, dog parade (shelter dogs available for adoption that day) T-shirts sale and bake sale. Activities for kids and their dogs. It's at St.Lambert Seaway Park, (Riverside drive) rain or shine

Rottielover
March 21st, 2006, 09:50 AM
it sounds like alot of fun. I am not quite sure if I want to go out of town or not. I am more looking into out of town. If I am in town, I think that sounds like alot of fun :). At my work, I am sure I can raise lots of money

poodletalk
March 21st, 2006, 11:07 AM
It's alot of fun and the money goes to a good cause. Well RottieLover, if you can't come to the walk you can always mail us a check with your sponsor money!!! :party: :D :thumbs up

Rottielover
March 21st, 2006, 11:15 AM
Check your PM

Rottielover
March 21st, 2006, 11:19 AM
OK, we have decided on what we are going to do....On the friday, That will be only my day. I am going to a spa. Sat we will be going to ottawa for a long walk, and meet new people.
Sunday we are going to be doing a walk for the SPCA monteregie ( no kill) raise funds.....Great PR for rotties.
As well as helping a cause I believe in.
Monday is up in the air still