Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dry Skin ,scabs & Bald Patches

AMY PAPA
November 9th, 2001, 01:54 PM
I have 2 (black & white Sylvester) male cats both six months old from the same litter, recently I gave them a flea & tick shampoo I bought at a pet store. One cat was fine the other developed scabs bald patches by the tail and is spreading also lost most of the hair on his tummy, private parts and back of the legs. I have since gave them just regular water baths with no flea shampoo just regular cat shampoo (hoping the flea shampoo will wash out) and it hasn't helped. Could one be alergic to the shampoo or have eczema. They are both indoor cats, Their flea collars from the vet & flea spray for the house has all ready cost my $100. They will soon get there needles and be neutered (which know will be another cost for skin tests). What can I use that is not so costly and will work for him?. In dismay!

ILuvMyLeroy
November 2nd, 2004, 08:06 PM
What ended up happening?

GsdDiamond
November 3rd, 2004, 09:44 AM
If you're using flea collars, take them off. Some animals can't wear them and have allergic reactions that can be fatal.

Bring the poor cat, who must be suffering horribly, to the Vet A.S.A.P.!

It sounds like the cat has a skin infection or mites. Poor thing. :sick: Let us know what happens please!!

justncase
November 3rd, 2004, 06:42 PM
I think, by the date, that the original post is three years old.

GsdDiamond
November 4th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Just responding to someone who said it was now happening to them. :D