Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pit Bull Killings

wakekicken
March 19th, 2006, 11:04 PM
On march 17 2006 between 1:00 and 2:00 pm in Aubrey Texas My 3 12 week year old Pit pups were shoot and killed by someone on my property. When I filed a police report come to find out on the same road other family's with Pits were killed to in the past by guns right in their own backyard. How can someone look at at a sweet pup and shoot them or cut their throat? This has got to stop not all pits are the same, it's the people who raise them that make the dog. I'm not a breeder and I don't fight them I don't even crop their ears, i'm just a 20 year old kid with puppys that i love and were my kids i will miss them forever and it hurts me to read about stupid people trying to take these things into there own hands. If they ban them in Texas then ok but even then that doesn't give anyone the right to kill a member of someones family. Who ever is doing this maybe u might come accross this and hopfully one day u will get caught and get what u have coming to u, it's just not right by any means.

mastifflover
March 20th, 2006, 01:46 AM
I am so sorry about your pups that is absolutely disgusting. We know it is about the owners not the dogs because in my opinion no dog should be banned. Maybe guns should be though. Well I hope that someone shoots this guy by accident of course. Karma what goes around comes around

chico2
March 20th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Wakekicken,I am soo sorry,what a terrible experiene:sad:
There are more evil people out there than there are dogs:evil:
Your pitties were beautiful,poor babies:love:

cpietra16
March 20th, 2006, 07:26 AM
I hope that these people come back as a dog in their next life....clearly remembering their lives before, and how they shot a poor defenceless puppy...all while being chased by their great grandkids...doing what they learned from dear departed grandpa

mom_to_many
March 20th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Wakekicken I am so sorry!! Puppies no less! The ignorance of some people is amazing! There was an incident last week in an OKC neighborhood where 8 dogs were poisoned by tainted hamburger, all but 1 survived. Where do these people come from? :confused:

mhass1129
March 20th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I would be furious if anyone decided to kill my animals.

I've never been fond of pitbulls because i am afraid of them. I've seen the dangers they can be when they are not cared for and dealt with properly. The way I deal with this fear of pitbulls is simple: 1) I choose not to get one for myself if I have no idea how to handle one and I'm scared of them! 2) I expect my neighbors, if they have a pitbull, to care for it properly so it's not a danger to me or my family. I really think people who don't like pitbulls need to take up my philosophy. I will be the first to call Animal control and stay indoors if I see an adult pitbull running down the street loose and out of control, or if it's aggressive. And I would do this if the dog was also a Rottweiler, a Doberman, or even a Chihuahua. It would never occur to me to kill the dog in it's owners back yard.

Plus they are puppies! How much of a threat can they be at 3 1/2 months!?

Animal cruelty is cruelty regardless of the breed or reputation.

Actually, I had a close friend who had a pitbull. The dog was the sweetest thing in the world - it actually slept with ME when I spent the night at her house. However, if I wondered around their front yard and no one was home, the dog would bark and growl. yet he was always on a chain if outside, never attacked anyone, and the family definately had him under control. I was the first to cry with my friend when a neighbor called Animal Control and they took the dog and had him euthanized for what I believe was no good reason. And this is coming from someone that overall is AFRAID of pitbulls altogether.

Hve you tried posting an article on a local newspaper? Maybe you and your other neighbors can raise awareness and community support against the killings - it may be easier to find the guy who is going around doing this.

wakekicken
March 20th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Thank u guys for all the support and i have been talking to local police and newspaper to setup something to where maybe we can catch this guy and put him behind bars, because it's either gonna be jail or someone will catch him in their backyard and do alot more damage to him. I hope this guy is caught and yes karma does suck thank u again for all ur support.

mastifflover
March 20th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Please keep us posted I hope they catch this guy. It would be great to see his arrest in the paper or his obit if one of your neighbours catches him.

Prin
March 20th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Your pitties were very beautiful.:grouphug: