Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We love our carrots!

Skryker
March 19th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Thought I would post pics of my pups with their favourite snack-although parsnips may beat carrots out soon! The parsnips last longer, so I prefer them-keeps the pups busy longer;) .

Here's Bronwyn, holding her carrot in her usual dainty way. She takes little nibbles.

Skryker
March 19th, 2006, 02:27 PM
And Fingal, being delicate for once, since he usually uses the back teeth to demolish his so he can try and steal Bronny's, too!

Frenchy
March 19th, 2006, 03:18 PM
That is so cute!I give mine baby carrots but looks more fun when they eat the whole carrot!

Skryker
March 19th, 2006, 06:04 PM
They really, really love the whole carrots (and baby carrots, too!). My only problem with it is that they like to take carrots onto the couch and eat them there:D . I have to check under the cushions all the time for bits:yuck: . But the dogs let me know the bits are there by rooting in the couch.

toby's tracy
March 19th, 2006, 06:18 PM
What a great idea! Toby also loves baby carrots, but I'm going to get some of those big beast carrots that'll take a while to get through. Your dogs look like they're enjoying them!

Skryker
March 19th, 2006, 06:20 PM
They get all excited when they see a carrot, and I think that's the first word Fingal learned....

rainbow
March 19th, 2006, 08:48 PM
My dogs love carrots too but do your dogs have undigested pieces in their poop? Is this normal?

Skryker
March 20th, 2006, 11:17 AM
It's normal for my guys, rainbow. I don't peel the carrots, though, just scrub 'em well, so I think it might be the tough skin that makes their poop so colourful :D .

Skryker
March 20th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Parsnip pics this time. Fingal chomping away.

Skryker
March 20th, 2006, 11:23 AM
And making a big mess of it, too! :D But he does clean up the bits when he's done, so I shouldn't complain too much ;) !

Skryker
March 20th, 2006, 11:25 AM
And now Miss Bronwyn, snacking on the couch. Since we let my daughter eat on the couch...seems fair to let the dogs do so, too! ;) They make less mess. :evil:

Skryker
March 20th, 2006, 11:26 AM
and Bronwyn really working on that old parsnip!