Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another disturbing "Looking for free puppy" ad

lezzpezz
March 18th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Oh, I emailed back, offering advice galore, but it will no doubt fall on deaf "eyes" and I will likely be banished from "www.londonclassifieds.ca" as they warn people about this kind of posting:rolleyes:

I was borderline here: suggested to not take a free pup, but get one that is fixed, healthy and temperament tested, and one that fits the lifestyle needs of this disabled person......sigh.......I can only try.....

Here's the ad:

Looking For A Free Puppy For A Disabled Lady

Looking For A Free Puppy For
A Disabled Lady In

The Sarnia Ontario Area

It Will Be Trained As A Helper Dog For Her

When It Gets Older

Can Anyone Out There Help Her Out ?

It Will Have To Be Delivered To Her Home

As She Is Disabled & Cannot Drive

Thank You & God Bless You Greatly

lezzpezz
March 18th, 2006, 09:21 AM
and most importantly, I directed them to contact one of the many rescue organizations available to help get the right dog for this person....:rolleyes:

joeysmama
March 18th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I can't see why you would be banned for offering sound advice.

They want a helpless puppy delivered to the door of a disabled person with no consideration to the temperament of the pup, or whether it's of a breed that makes being a helper dog feasible, and no mention of what kind of care this person is able to give to the puppy.

Good for you for e-mailing a little common sense.

Writing4Fun
March 18th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Maybe I'm being cynical, but I sincerely doubt there's a disabled little old lady on the other end of this ad. Call it a hunch.

lezzpezz
March 18th, 2006, 11:49 AM
It was signed by "Minister *****" but who really knows. I haven't heard back yet, so i doubt they will heed my advice, but I tried:o

All we can do is try.....

chocolatecoffee
March 18th, 2006, 03:11 PM
Oh, I saw this lady on another website (well I'm 99.9% sure it's the same one). She says that nobody will adopt to her because she's disabled and now she's threatening to go to a pet store. Everyone's offered to help her find a rescue dog, but she says she doesn't want to be refused because she's disabled again and won't try. I'm not sure how she's going to afford a puppy from a pet store as she said she's on a permanent disability pension though.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I sincerely doubt there's a disabled little old lady on the other end of this ad. Call it a hunch.

I wouldn't be surprised...

amyk
March 18th, 2006, 03:26 PM
if she cant afford a $100 adoption fee, how is she going to pay for food, vet care? she's probably not even going to neuter or even vaccinate the poor dog.

~Amy

jesse's mommy
March 18th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Because it's all a big hoax.

chocolatecoffee
March 18th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Hoax or not, somebody did drop her off a puppy. A five week old puppy. :mad:

Writing4Fun
March 18th, 2006, 06:07 PM
There are soooooo many things wrong with that.....:sad:

technodoll
March 18th, 2006, 06:13 PM
well... you get what you pay for... so POOH on them!!!

joeysmama
March 18th, 2006, 06:47 PM
I'm guessing this is someone who could well affrod to pay a breeder--if they were willing to go to a pet store. But they're looking for a freebie.

I agree with Writing4fun--there ARE so many things wrong with that:sad: .

lezzpezz
March 20th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Oh my! I can't even begin to address this idiot:eek: I'm gonna email her and give her a right dressing down. What is this person thinking....obviously there is a vacant space between her ears! This from LondonClassifieds.ca (ontario)

im looking for a small dog for my 2 year old, if you have one for free great! but im willing to pay if necessary :)

Here's what I have so far, and will once again likely get banned from the site:

you're joking ....a 2 year old does not need a dog, cannot care for a dog and to think that you would consider a "donated" dog of unknown temperament as a suitable plaything for your child is very irresponsible. How about getting the child a STUFFED toy dog. I can't believe you are truly thinking that this is a GOOD thing......Why does a 2 year old need a dog.....it is the most unsafe decision a parent could possibly make.

lezzpezz
March 20th, 2006, 08:41 AM
What happens when the child pokes the dog or pulls the hair or tail and the dog snaps or bites the child....you will have an injured kid and a dog that is in need of a new home because you set up this scenario. Both the child and the dog will be the losers. Kid will be scared of dogs for life. Dog will be given to the pound or worse, euthanized because it is "dangerous".

Please think long and hard about this decision. It is not worth it, the child it TOO YOUNG! and you will have nothing but problems.

lezzpezz
March 20th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Sent off a scathing letter to the admin of LondonClassifieds too. Asked if they thought it responsible to allow such posts. Definitely banned now:D

chocolatecoffee
April 13th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Argh! :mad: This is what happens when you give a dog up "free to good home," less than a month later she's decided that she doesn't want it anymore since she's not housetrained yet. Poor baby, she's so young...:sad:.

BernerLver
April 13th, 2006, 09:12 PM

I must be cynical too because I thought the same thing W4F.