Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mr. Bryant - This is what a real crime involving a pit bull looks like

twodogsandacat
March 17th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Some idiots believe that people owning a pit bull should be a crime. Some people believe only idiots own pit bulls. I believe it should be a privilege to own a pit bull.

This sickens me as much as it should sicken any decent human being.

This Mr. Bryant is what a real crime involving a pit bull looks like.

http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_075205523.html

Injured, Hungry Pit Bull Seized From Owner
(CBS) LOS ANGELES An injured pit bull that did not have food or water was seized Thursday from its owner, who could serve up to a year in jail for animal cruelty and neglect, authorities said.

Humane officers from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles were tipped off about the injured dog in the 5100 block of West Washington Boulevard, near Redondo Boulevard, the society’s Dawn Cotterell said.

The dog was found with a chain embedded in its neck. Authorities seized the pit bull at about 10 a.m. and took it to an SPCA facility where it was given medical treatment.

Further investigation will determine whether the woman who owned the dog will face charges. If convicted, she could face a year in jail and be ordered to pay restitution to the SPCALA for the shelter and veterinary fees, Cotterell said.

A chain becomes embedded in a dog’s neck when it wears a choke collar and is always tied up.

“He keeps pulling on it constantly and over time, the skin grows over the chain,” Cotterell said.

babyrocky1
March 17th, 2006, 05:52 PM
OMG....

What the heck is the matter with people?????

Bryant would just tell us that banning Pitties saves them from abuse! Weve heard that line from him before. Remember when he tried to tell us that it was better to ban them than have them live their lives in shelters cause nooone wants them:rolleyes:

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
March 17th, 2006, 06:36 PM
OMG . . . Poor dog :(

Beaglemom
March 17th, 2006, 07:30 PM
The poor dog! It just sickens me to think of the cruelty that some people are capable of!

jesse's mommy
March 17th, 2006, 08:43 PM
I totally agree, people are idiots! I can't stand people that refuse to treat their animals like family.

Here's what may sound like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Is there anything they can do for the dog to get the chain out of his neck or is it permanent because of the skin growing over it?

jesse's mommy
March 17th, 2006, 08:43 PM
I totally agree, people are idiots! I can't stand people that refuse to treat their animals like family.

Here's what may sound like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask anyway. Is there anything they can do for the dog to get the chain out of his neck or is it permanent because of the skin growing over it?