Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

listless dog

bjs1987
March 17th, 2006, 04:13 PM
One of my toy poodles has vomited past 2 nights/ First night it was food that he ate and the next night was just white froth and clear slimy. He has not eat yesterday and today, not even his favorite treat. He just wants to lay around and sleep. His bowels moved yesterday and not today(I guess because he hasn"t eat) His urine is okay. He did cough some yesterday. He loves to chase after a ball and won't even do that. My other toy poodle that is 6 months younger is okay. They are about 3 yr old and 2 1/2 yrs old. Any one with similar circumstance please let me know if yu have experienced this and what may be wrong.

jessi76
March 17th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Only your vet can diagnose a problem. Please, for your dog's sake, see a vet.

Beaglemom
March 17th, 2006, 04:23 PM
It could be many different things. The best bet is to take him to the vet and get an examination.

Red flags go up when a normally active dog will only sleep and is not interested in food nor his favourite activities.

Please keep us updated.

chico2
March 17th, 2006, 04:23 PM
bjs1987,With symptoms like your little poodle,you should rush him to the vet,his little body could quickly become dehydrated.
After a couple of days like this,it's definitely an emergency,so please take him to be looked after.
He could have gotten in to something poisonus or could have a obstruction.
so,please take him to a vet..Good Luck!

Tigger
March 17th, 2006, 09:33 PM
Please seek veterinary care and post back the results in a new thread. This topic is now closed.