Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dalmation - Possible age spots?

dharvie
November 29th, 2003, 12:45 PM
We have an 11 year old Dalmation. She has been prone to skin/allergy problems - but has always been very itchy whenever she has a rash.
She has reddish brown spots on her skin that are showing through her fur. They are scattered over her torso. She is not itching at all and her face doesn't have any spots on it.
My question is - do dogs get age spots like humans? And if so, might this be what they are?

Luba
November 29th, 2003, 06:56 PM
This may sound silly but are you sure they weren't there before and perhaps you' re just noticing because the fur is maybe thinner there now as she ages?

Luba

shelbyshihtzu
December 4th, 2003, 10:52 AM
I had 2 dals, a male livered( brown spots) his name was beans due to his brown spots he passed away march 1. age 5 and a female age 7 her name is Tuesday. Both my dals had allergies and would break out in spots that were red and they would loose the fur around the spots. the vet said they are called bronzing it was from there food, they needed more fish protein in there food, once i switched brands they were fine, once in awhile they would get it, mostly in the summer when they were out all the time. at first i thought it was caused by flea/bug/bites that they were licking, but it turns out it was allergy. i hope this helps you out :confused: