Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Kitten has a red eye

marlis
November 28th, 2003, 09:59 PM
I recently purchased 2 kittens and they both had respiratory diseases, which are now gone due to a few vaccinations. Just recently my one kitten got a red eye that is constantly wet. I am really worried about him and I'm not sure if it will just go away or if I should take him to the vet? Does anyone have any advice or know what they may be?

Thanks!

Carina
November 29th, 2003, 05:30 AM
Is the eye discharge clear like tears, or thicker & coloured?
I'm wondering if it's a secondary infection...either way, it sure sounds like something that your vet needs to take a look at. Even if it's conjunctivitis rather than an infection, it's likely bothering your kitten & won't go away on its own.

Respiratory infections aren't cured by
vaccinations - did the kittens also get antibiotics?

Lucky Rescue
November 29th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Agree with Carina - the kittens need to see a vet. If they have rhino, they need antibiotics.

Who sold you two sick kittens? You might want to contact them and inform them of this.

marlis
November 29th, 2003, 04:19 PM
I bought them at the Humane Society. They told me (after I bought them) there is a bug going around in there and most of the kittens have it...sneezing, runny goopy (white) eyes. I had to bring them back for a amoxicillin shot every 3 days until I noticed they were better (no antibiotics) and they seem better in that aspect. I'm concerned about the one who just recently received a red runny eye. The eye's discharge is clear like tears. The kitten seemed to be better from the sneezing and goopy eyes and just caught this.