Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sam's head (a little gross)

phoenix
March 17th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Here is a picture of Sam's head. He has a sore on it that won't go away. It started as a bump, and gradually got redder. It is now oozing (clear fluid and blood) slowly, matting up the hair. I scissored his hair around it to give it air.
Doing a search, I think it is a "hot spot"... I've never seen this before. I have a vet appointment for tomorrow morning, but in the meantime, any surefire suggestions? I've done a search... I've tried compress using black tea, green tea... I've tried antibiotic cream... nothing seems to work.
This started about 3 days ago. I can't see a scratch or anything that started it. It doesn't seem to bother him at all- he is not trying to scratch it or anything.
Any help would be appreciated in the meantime while I wait for the vet.

Rottielover
March 17th, 2006, 11:36 AM
go to google, it looks very much like a tumor called histiocytoma. Begnign by the way. Have the vet extract cells from it to make sure

phoenix
March 17th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the lead; it certainly does look like these. I'll print the article for the vet. This makes sense as he is part boxer and apparently they are prone to this; also it does not seem itchy to him although he is a pretty tough guy (not bothered by much!)

Rottielover, I just did a search here and found you're dealing with this yourself... thanks for sharing your experience and all the best for your guy too.