Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So furious with my neighbours! Venting.

puppy4ever
March 16th, 2006, 08:47 PM
I'm generally a very considerate person. I mind my own business when it comes to my neighbors...I even take my pup out in the dark to go potty since my neighbor said that my porch light shines into her bedroom. But now I've just had it with these people. :mad:

These were the neighbors that told me only hit my pup with a newspaper (opposed to my hand)!!!:eek: Today my neighbor sticks out her head and tells me that she will let me know next time when she is watching me "chase my puppy around the backyard with a broom." Then she told me to not to ever hit him!!! :mad:

I was trying to get my pup to come back inside the house (he isn't listening to me lately) by luring him with a broom (he always bites the broom) then grabbing his collar. This might not be the best method but it was the only thing that was working that day!!!

Then her husband said that I shouldn't keep him in a cage! :mad: ....which means they see his pen through my window and watch us! :eek:

Sorry for venting - I just can't believe these people. If they had my puppy (they actually offered to take him for a few days!) he would either be smacked to death with a newspaper or back at the rescue. I have put countless hours and tons of my money into my guy (he is worth it.)

What would you do with these people? I'm not a person that tends to speak my mind....but I'm ready to say something...

puppy4ever
March 16th, 2006, 09:16 PM
I seem really mad but I promise I won't vent at you if you post a reply. :D

Prin
March 16th, 2006, 09:21 PM
lol I think everybody is just creeped out by your neighbors.. That sucks... I'd probably get a tall fence and frosted windows on that side...

puppy4ever
March 16th, 2006, 09:29 PM
lol I think everybody is just creeped out by your neighbors.. That sucks... I'd probably get a tall fence and frosted windows on that side...

Oh Prin, you're the best! :love: That's actually not a bad idea about the frosting.

It has been a hellava day...found out my uncle died as well. :sad: Sorry if I'm coming off a little wired.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 16th, 2006, 09:35 PM
I think you need curtains that or walk around naked in front of the window and see if they still continue to be nosy.

wdawson
March 16th, 2006, 09:37 PM
i have a retired couple next to me that i never see until i let the dogs out in the yard....then their blinds open and she stands at the back door staring.....if i'm not out she will do everything to make the dogs bark.......so now i never put them out between 10pm and 7am....to make sure i'm not in violation of any by-law.........but on the funny side about them.......she was shoveling snow off her flower bed so she could pull out dead flowers from the past summer.......not that i was spying or anything:D

puppy4ever
March 16th, 2006, 09:38 PM
I think you need curtains that or walk around naked in front of the window and see if they still continue to be nosy.

That would be enough to scare them away! :eek: :D

jesse's mommy
March 16th, 2006, 09:40 PM
That would be enough to scare them away! :eek: :D

Or some kinky sensation to keep watching :eek:

puppy4ever
March 16th, 2006, 09:42 PM
i have a retired couple next to me that i never see until i let the dogs out in the yard....then their blinds open and she stands at the back door staring.....if i'm not out she will do everything to make the dogs bark.

She sounds kinda psychotic to me! :eek:

puppy4ever
March 16th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Or some kinky sensation to keep watching :eek:

ewww! Thanks a lot jesse's mommy. :D j/k :love:

Prin
March 16th, 2006, 09:48 PM
It has been a hellava day...found out my uncle died as well. :sad: Sorry if I'm coming off a little wired.
Sorry about your uncle. :sad: :grouphug:

Hey, let's have a pets.ca doggy party in your yard! We'll run around screaming and barking!! Wooooo!

puppy4ever
March 16th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Sorry about your uncle. :sad: :grouphug:

Hey, let's have a pets.ca doggy party in your yard! We'll run around screaming and barking!! Wooooo!

OMgosh lol! Sounds like a plan! :D :D :D

joeysmama
March 16th, 2006, 10:47 PM

Maybe we should bring our dogs too !!;)

Prin
March 16th, 2006, 10:48 PM
LOL yeah... That would be an even better idea!;)

Shaykeija
March 17th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Try walking around nude and give that old bat an eye full:evil: . She won't looking your house anymore :p .

Prin
March 17th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Heh heh you need a replica body of the old roommate in "There's something about Mary" to walk around in...:evil:

loveyadogs
March 17th, 2006, 10:50 AM
go to a canadain tire/home dcepot and buy that 7.00 ish can of spray that is like a frost for the window, then they can see in.we have one of them nosey , oh my gosh, NOSEY neighbours, who says such outlandish things to people about pets and kids and such.it is very very trying on my nerves.as for the porch light shining in her window, they need to put up blinds or curtains, you donot have to do ANYTHING.it is up to them, if light bothers them.why shoud you put dog out in the dark!
grrrrrrrrrrrrr
neighbours, sore spot.
:sorry:

jawert1
March 17th, 2006, 12:35 PM
At this point, you've done all you can to be neighbourly, including putting yourself out in the process. Time for curtains and doing your normal thing, and if they complain, gently let them know you appreciate their suggestions, but they have no business peeping on you and it's time they pipe down :)

Prin
March 17th, 2006, 02:26 PM
heh heh why not install giant flood lights that point straight into their windows with 100W of halogen power each?:evil:
(No wonder all the houses around me are empty... kidding, they're not, but one day, maybe...)

puppy4ever
March 18th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Lol Prin. :D I like your thinking! :evil:

Seems I'm not the only one with neighbour issues! If I have nothing better to do than being nosey in my old age, I swear I'll jump off a cliff.

Today I didn't even open the blinds...going to get that spray soon - so dark! And just one more thing from them...I'll be quoting jawert1!

dlp8945
March 19th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I'd get a a privacy fence installed between your properties to block the view of your dogs activities plus block out the light problem during potty time. Also, put venetian blinds on your windows that you can open and close at will. Also, there are a lot on short articles on the internet explaining the concept of crate training so print one out and give them a good read. There's no love lost between you so pissing them off isn't a problem so
tell them to MYOB and get a life. I don't have a neighbor problem since I live on 10 acres on a peninsula but when I did live in a neighborhood I valued my privacy.
Labmomma:pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

glasslass
March 19th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Actually, the porch light gave me an idea. Install a motion detector floodlamp. When they approach to look over your fence, it'll come on and spotlight them.:evil:

mhass1129
March 20th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Man I feel for you! But I have to say, I have been blessed with very patient neighbors! I live in military apartments.

When I first got Hunter last week he would HOWL during the night. He's a beagle mix and I've never heard such a high pitched sound coming from such a small mouth. It made my doors shake. Now these apts are very thick and sturdy - but I was convinced that all the neighbors were up at 1am cursing me. Well, none of them even as much complained, and my neighbor downstairs understood that if I gave him attention during the night to try to quiet him down it would just perpetuate the situation. What did they do? They took a vacation! By the time they got back Hunter was sleeping through the night.

Then yesterday my husband took Hunter downstairs to eliminate. We're teaching him to go on the grass, but it's literally freezing cold and raining. So he runs to the inside of the apartments and literally started pooping right infront of our neighbor's door as they opened it to take out the trash. All they said was "wow, he's cute! bring him over to play with Lucky (their beagle) any time!" Of course we are picking up and cleaning any mess he leaves right infront of their door. We're also waiting for the weather to warm up so we can start taking him further out and into the grass.

It just figures that every time he's pooping infront of the apartments the maintenance crew from Housing is drving by slowly and staring. They might try to get me in trouble. My response is "Hey, do you see a mess infront of their house? Have they complained? No! You know why? because we're responsible pet owners and we clean up after him. Why don't you drive around 5 minutes later when I'm on my hands and knees, picking up the poop with newspaper and washing the floor with Mr. Clean? huh?!" Yeah.. that's right! :yuck: