Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

possible prego cat?

sandraluvcats
March 16th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I have a cat, who looks like she is getting fater by the day, she is alos eating alot. She ran away for 2 days during the process of me making an appointment for her, she took off therfor i missed the appointment to get her spayed. Anyway how would i know if she is prego? her sides looks like shes fatter, and she is eating alot and always sleeping.
someone please help me as this is my first time:confused:
thank you

Mrs Bungle
March 16th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Why didnt you just take her to the vet anyway just to check that out?

Beaglemom
March 16th, 2006, 05:07 PM
She could very well be pregnant. My suggestion would be to go to the vet. It may still be possible to have her spayed and abort the pregnancy.

sandraluvcats
March 16th, 2006, 05:23 PM
no i aint going to abort the pregnancy if she is i am againtst abortions period for humans or cats/dogs... If i gotten prego i wouldnt abort it. I have loving homes for her babies if that is what she is, then i will be getting her fixed. But no aborting them...:sorry: but i love animals and i just cant do that to her.

BMDLuver
March 16th, 2006, 05:37 PM
So why come here for advice.. have the kittens, abuse your cat and enjoy the wear and tear you are causing your cat. Now that's love and consideration for your cat.. yep

Lucky Rescue
March 16th, 2006, 06:45 PM
You may be against abortion for people, but uncounted millions of human babies are not being killed each year in shelters on this continent. Are you against kittens being tossed on the roadside, put in garbage cans, starving to death or, if they are lucky, having a needle stuck in them in a shelter to kill them?

71% of cats and kittens entering shelters are killed because people like you won't stop this irresponsible breeding. Do you know what it's like to try and find homes for 5 or 6 kittens? And I don't mean homes who will let them roam and breed. I mean lifetime, indoor responsible homes. In order to do this , you must pay to have them ALL spay/neutered, then pray you can find good people who will pay an adoption fee and sign a contract with you.

If you don't do all this, you are directly contributing to the slaughter in the shelters and the kittens being left on the road in a box, because THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH HOMES.Giving away kittens "Free to good homes" is not the way, as you are responsible for every single kitten born now and forever from this litter you're breeding.

You let this pregnancy happen, it's up to you to make it right.

Are you against this? (graphic pic, but some people need to see it)
http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL320/1047157/2137064/91970921.jpg

White Wolf
March 16th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Thread closed. Please see a vet.

marko
March 19th, 2006, 10:18 AM
This poster is a Newbie and was treated harshly. We were all newbies once.

If we are going to educate people about spay/neuter - we surely can do it it a gentle way.

All this person wanted was info that can be found on this site.

If similar cases occur, please refer members to the following threads or other useful resources......or IGNORE these types of posts.

http://www.pets.ca/articles/article-dogpregnant.htm
http://www.pets.ca/articles/article-expecting.htm
Thanks as always,

Marko