Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat rescue

coppperbelle
March 15th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Is there a cat rescue group on the south shore? I know the SPCA Monteregie has cats but I also heard today that they are bursting a the seams. This morning I received an e-mail from someone giving away 4 cats. Someone in the family has allergies and the cats are now living in the shed. Then this afternoon a parent at the school where I work approached me about a cat he found huddled in the park. He said the cat appeared cold and was very friendly. He cannot keep it. I told him about the SCDD and warned him about bringing the cat there.

Prin
March 15th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Lucky Rescue is on the south shore, no?

Lucky Rescue
March 15th, 2006, 08:11 PM
No, we're in St.Lazare and even if we were on the South Shore, we have no place for a bunch of cats.:( We cannot find one responsible person willing to foster and help us.

Monteregie might be your only hope.

coppperbelle
March 16th, 2006, 09:04 AM
The man that found the cat is going to bring it to the SPCA Monteregie today. I advised him to call first. He kept it in his bathroom last night and said it was starving. He thinks someone dumped it in a park because it is clean except his white paws were muddy. The cat is thin and very friendly. Hopefully the poor guy will find a new home.
As for the other 4 cats I have no idea or contact with the person trying to give them away. She simply advertised on our message board at work that she was looking for new homes for them.

coppperbelle
March 16th, 2006, 08:10 PM
The people brought the cat to the SPCA in Montreal this morning and were charged $35.00 because they don't live in the city. They were assured that if the cat was healthy it wouldn't be put down. They are under the assumption that they paid the $35.00 to keep the cat alive.

cpietra16
March 16th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Oh....that's no good. I really hope they are well enough to get adopted out...

Lucky Rescue
March 16th, 2006, 08:42 PM
They are under the assumption that they paid the $35.00 to keep the cat alive.

They assumed wrong.

coppperbelle
March 16th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I thought not either but didn't say very much because I wasn't sure. I couldn't believe that they actually charged her $35.00. They could have dropped the cat off at the SCDD for free with the same outcome for the cat.