Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Premium Edge/Diamond

rainbow
March 15th, 2006, 05:28 PM
I just read on another forum that Premium Edge Chicken Rice and Vegetable caused three dogs to get violently sick. Four dog food samples were tested and came back saying they contained 0.5ppm vomitoxin. There`s nothing on their website. Has anyone else heard anything?

Prin
March 15th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Is vomitoxin a real toxin? Sounds almost fake... I'll go look. Oh, ya, it's a wheat toxin. You learn something new every day.:o

Prin
March 15th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I think it's the same recall as before.

Prin
March 15th, 2006, 05:48 PM
I was looking and I found a copy of the whole dog journal list of top dog foods for 2006 (wolf king and the other bison ones are still not on it yet but all the other solid gold foods are).

At the bottom of the last page, it talks about the two toxins. http://www.candyspetsitting.com/WDJ_DryFood2006.pdf

rainbow
March 15th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah Prin, I thought the same thing when I read "vomitoxin" so I did check it out to see if it was real before I posted. I`m pretty sure this just happened....I`ll double check though.

rainbow
March 15th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I just checked and this happened on Monday March 6. Within 20 min. of ingesting their dinner the dogs vomitted dark green undigested food and within another 2 min. they were foaming at the mouth and stiff leg gaiting.

Prin
March 15th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Well if it was green going in, I don't see how the company is the only one at fault... I mean, if my food was green and I fed it anyway...:eek: :rolleyes:

rainbow
March 16th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Here`s the link to the info posted on the forum:
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/Commercial_Dog_Food_Comparison/message/11694