Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Old Actors...

jesse's mommy
March 14th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Who are some of your favorite old actors that you just love to watch? We are watching some old Dean Martin Variety Show and it has Jimmy Stewart on it and it made me think of this. I just love both Dean Martin and Jimmy Stewart. Of course It's a Wonderful Life and Rear Window, but even more, my favorite movie of all time is Harvey. I think I've seen all of their movies. I also love Cary Grant. I have a huge collection of his, but have many more to get. Not necessarily an actor, but a filmaker, I love Hitchcock films. So, who else?

Prin
March 14th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Paul Newman. mmmm.... He's the only reason I would ever wish to be in my 70's... mmm... I haven't seen all his movies, but so far I like The Hustler the best.

I haven't seen much Dean Martin, but I love him too. He's smoooooth (with very rough skin).

I love Charlie Chaplin too, but he's really old...

Audrey Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor are my favorite old women.

SnowDancer
March 15th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood (when he isn't playing with monkeys), Al Pacino

Rick C
March 15th, 2006, 12:07 PM
You haven't seen Jimmy Stewart until you've seen "Destry Rides Again" with him and Marlene Dietrich . . . . . watch it on the cowboy channel on a Saturday morning with a bowl of Cheerios!!!

Or . . . "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" . . . . with Jimmy Stewart and John Wayne.

Or Winchester 73 with Jimmy Stewart and Shelley Winters.

Jeez, don't get me going on Jimmy Stewart . . . . . Rear Window and especially Rope in the Hitchcock mode.

I like John Wayne especially in The Searchers as the racist anti-hero. I have a lot of old John Wayne movies from the 30's on DVD.

I like a lot of Gregory Peck movies but particularly 12 O'Clock High and The Big Country. Quite a fight scene in The Big Country with him and Charlton Heston.

Henry Fonda and an all-star cast in 12 Angry Men is one of my favourites as well.

I like old movies . . . . we just had Turner Classic channel show up on our satellite and I'm in heaven.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

joeysmama
March 25th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Oh Jimmy Stewart and Dean Martin for sure. Also Audrey Hepburn. Gene Kelly, Cary Grant. David Niven. William Powell and Myrna Loy.

Cary Grant and Myrna Loy in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. Such a darling movie.

ZebbyZeb
April 3rd, 2006, 09:41 AM
Bette Davis, Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart. My all time favorites!

badger
April 3rd, 2006, 10:50 AM
Doris Day and Rock Hudson movies. Loved 'em. Doris (a longtime rescue maven) is 82 today.