Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm from US-can I purchase Canadian flea treatments (Frontline etc) at a discount?

catsgalore
November 24th, 2003, 08:15 PM
I live in the southern US (the state of Georgia) I am caring for 17 cats. I have heard that many people from the US go to Canada for prescription medicines because it is much cheaper in your country. I am wondering if the same applies for flea medications such as Frontline, Advantage, etc. If so, I would like to know if someone could reccomend a Canadian site that I can go to. I was laid off from my job earlier this year and, as tempting as it is to purchase the cheaper OTC flea medications such as Hartz and such, I know that these products can be harmful. The purchase price in USD for Frontline, for example - is over $30.00 for a 3 month supply. (Roughly ten dollars per application.) Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank-you!

clarence
November 25th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Hi,

Sorry to inform you but the big price differences as far as i know are for human medications, and that is because our human health care system is vastly different than yours.

Pet medications, when you factor in the exchange are similar in price.

clarence