Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Breath after puppies

DEBBIE BELLOWS
March 13th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Hi all,
I will fill in some personal info later but I wanted to post my question to see if anyone has had experience with this. My dog just had five beautiful puppies two weeks ago, both Mom and pups are doing great. The only thing is, mom's breath is now unbearable, it smells like feces. Is this because she is cleaning up after them or should I be concerned?
Thanks,
Debbie :)

NaNa8
March 13th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Welcome Debbie,
Warm welcome..... It would appear to me that that would be the reason for the BadBreath. But I am sure that others will be online and more knowledgeable than I to answer that question.

JoAnne

DEBBIE BELLOWS
March 13th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks so much for your reply. It does seem logical but when searching the net I found some dreadful info on bad breath but nothing specific to a new mother. I'm looking forward to being active on this site and am very happy that I stumbled upon it. Cheers! :)

BMDLuver
March 13th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Most likely the bad breath is a combination of two things... one cleaning the pups and two the mom gets deprived of some essential nutrients when supporting a litter so it's heck on their teeth and gums. Keep an eye on her dental to make sure all it is is the clean up.