Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pit Rescue *help*

morgiesmommy
March 12th, 2006, 12:36 PM
There is an am-staff despirately looking for a new home. Good natured 3 yr old, becoming intolerant of the family's baby pulling ears and poking eyes. If I understand this ban correctly, anyone who had a licensed Pitbull but it has passed away is allowed to replace that dog, but I am not positive about that stipulation.
Any ideas? Anyone able to help?

BMDLuver
March 12th, 2006, 01:41 PM
The dog is grandfathered, so it will not be destroyed and can be placed in a new home. I'd be intolerant too if someone was poking my eyes and pulling my ears.. sounds like the parents need to learn better parenting with their child. Always the dog that suffers. :sad:

morgiesmommy
March 12th, 2006, 05:09 PM
I totally agree. My first question was "why weren't you stopping the baby from pestering him?". I think it best seeing as how they are allowing the dog and baby to get into these situations that the dog be found a more suitable home. Hopefully we can avoid a bad situation. Just because this dog happens to be an AM Staff the press would be unbelievable. A Golden retriever wouldn't even make headlines.
When my child was a baby and I was too busy to closely monitor her contact with our dog, the baby gate went up for the protection of both of them. Some parents should have to have a license to have a kid, let alone own an animal.

babyrocky1
March 12th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Maybe you should contact Bullies in need. I would link it for you but I always have to google it....dont know why.

Copper'sMom
March 16th, 2006, 08:23 PM
it's also very important to check with your town's by laws when transferring ownership of the dog - just to be on the safe side.

If these people can't take care of a baby and a dog, thank goodness they didn't get 2 Pit Bulls! I'm not sure which combination of the 2 would be more work!!! I hope the dog gets a home it deserves!

pitbulliest
March 16th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Maybe you should contact Bullies in need. I would link it for you but I always have to google it....dont know why.

Debbie..yeah me too...I think its because their website isn't as simple as bulliesinneed.com or something...its got some other stuff attached to it..anyways..here is their website..I agree with Debbie..do contact them and see what they can do...

http://bulliesinneed.fivepixelmedia.com/index.htm