Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Changing food

Coco&Maya
March 12th, 2006, 07:46 AM
I am trying to change my cat Maya's food. She has always been picky. She only seems to like MeowMix (It's bad I know, I only recently learned what to look for in the ingrediants) When I got Coco (he's 4 months old) he was on Science diet dry Kitten food. After I did alot of reading on this site, I decided to feed him wet food which he loves. At first I was giving him canned science diet, and I noticed that Maya would always try to eat his food so I got her some Wellness canned food. She won't touch it. Coco loved it so I got him Wellness canned kitten food and he now won't touch the science diet. My question is how can I get Maya to eat it. Even mixing it with her Meow Mix didn't work. Since she seemed to be interested in the science diet food I was thinking that maybe she will eat the adult lite formula (she is overweight), even though I don't overly like science diet (but it is better than the Meow Mix), unless there is a way to get her to eat the wellness food.

mastifflover
March 12th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I would not use the lite or diet foods they have more filler in them just cut back the amount of food and more exercise are a better way to go. Maybe try a different flavour of food or another brand. Fromm makes a great food