Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Taz - Dec 25/04 to Feb 26/06

Cricket
March 11th, 2006, 02:32 PM
:pawprint: To celebrate the life of my baby who passed again Feb 26 & left us alone all too soon - Taz you were & always will be with me - you don't know how much I miss your fuzzy face and doggie breath kisses.

The 1st used to be so much fun - first night we brought you home, 1st walk, 1st time you didn't squat to pee - but managed to pee on your legs, 1st bath, 1st night you got into bed on your own or made it up the stairs without being carried & how happy & proud you were to get on the couch all by yourself - Oh I miss our happy 1st!!

It's the 1st's now that I'm finding so hard - the first morning waking up without you hogging the bed, at Tim's Horton's & you not placing your tim bit order, the first day coming home at lunch & you not meeting me with a kiss & a stretch having just got out of bed (he wasn't a morning person) & the first time coming home at night & not seeing your face in the window wondering what I'd picked up for you & telling me how much you missed me.

Love Mommy

Cricket
March 11th, 2006, 04:40 PM
I forgot to add a picture - this is from my baby album!!!

I had one blue eye & 1 brown but the blue one always got a red flash.

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 04:42 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Taz looks like he was a happy doggy.

Cricket
March 11th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Here I am all grown up - mommy said I was a big boy now!!! This is just a couple of weeks ago - in one of his favorite spots.

chico2
March 11th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Oh Cricket,that is so sad,you got me all teary-eyed,this should not have happened to beautiful Taz not even 2 yrs old,but it did:sad:
RIP,beautiful Taz:love:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 11th, 2006, 08:51 PM
That is so sad I am so sorry that you lost Tazz - its sad when bad things happen to good dogs and good people too.

mastifflover
March 12th, 2006, 07:27 AM
I am so sorry for your loss Taz was a beautiful boy. Just remember he is running and playing with all the dogs at the bridge.

Cricket
March 12th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Thank you very much for the lovely comments about my boy.

I have only just found this web site since his passing & have been able to share some of his sprit with others - in a way it helps - letting me brag & show off how gorgeous he was.

mylittlesquirt7
March 12th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I feel your pain Cricket. Taz is a beautiful boy. I have always thought huskies where very pretty dogs.

Cricket
March 12th, 2006, 11:10 PM
He was quite a card - his full name was Tasmanian Devil & trust me he lived up to it - when he thought I'd done something to wrong him - one of my plants in the flower bed would get it - about 3 weeks ago he dug thru the snow & dirt & dug up one of them & had it in the middle of the lawn for me - how dare I leave him outside on a nice warm afternoon rather then let him take his afternoon nap in bed!!:eek:

mylittlesquirt7
March 13th, 2006, 12:28 PM
lol that is too funny. My Chew Chew girl once got mad at me because I wasn't paying attention to her. We were on my bed she kept trying everything to get me to pay attention to her, but I was doing a cross stitch. So what does the little burger do. She goes to the one spot that all of my blankets were in a pile and squats, she peed on every one of the blankets. Then she looked at me like ha I got you. Made me so mad, but afterwards I couldn't help but laugh about it.

Cricket
March 13th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Ha ha - when Taz was about 6 months old he had this nasty habit that if he thought that I was ignoring him by reading that he'd wait until I'd gone to sleep & then he would hang a licking & tear apart what ever book I was reading but he'd wait until I had about a 100 pages left & then those were the ones that got it - it would be in a million pieces in the living room & him back up sound asleep on the bed - ha ha.

Needless to say I have replaced every cushion on our one good couch - all at different times but he must have been up there with his bone & got it lost or something - needless to say I'd come home & there would be stuffing everywhere & him with that look like - oh mom I just woke up - I don't know WHO made that mess - he had some many expressions.

Pretty sure this isn't in any training book but I found that it sure worked: I figured out a way to make him stop bringing underwear out when there was company over - I waited until I had a good friend over & when he came ripping out with one of my bra's - I put it on him & made him wear it until they left - needless to say - never happened again!!:)

mylittlesquirt7
March 13th, 2006, 01:08 PM
lol Cricket, Taz sounds like he was a handful of laughs. Until I got my girl I didn't know dogs could be so funny. She would have us in stitches laughing so hard sometimes. I can just see your guy sitting there in the dark tearing your book up, little devil horns out and an evil grin on his face maybe even thinking to himself "ha let's see who is boss now".

Cricket
March 13th, 2006, 01:30 PM
My little angel was more devil - that's why I was glad that he was starting to grow up - you never knew what he'd get into when the mood crossed him.

If he was outside for longer then he wanted - a plant would get it to the point that you could only find the hole - no leafs or anything. He somehow managed to kill my rose bush too - made a great tummy rub spot!!

I miss all the badness - his grumpy face in the morning for his good by kiss & everything.

Frenchy
March 13th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I'm sorry about the loss of your dog.I've enjoy the stories you are telling,mostly the one about the bra.By any chance would you have a picture of it!!??He had a short life,but a great one with you.

Cricket
March 13th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Ya it was quite cute - no don't have one of those - always figured that I'd have a change at another one of them - he was really quite a proud little man - ha ha. I do have one when I dressed him up at halloween as a spider - he was okay with the outfit but he sure didn't like the head piece - ha ha!;)

Cricket
March 13th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Oh here is another one of my angel just letting me know that the hose had been dripping in the back yard & that it had made a mud puddle & yes that is a glass table that he decided to park his butt on & howl.

BullLover
March 14th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I'm so sorry for you loss. Taz is a beautiful guy.

Cricket
March 14th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I want to thank everyone for all their sympathy - it has made a bad situation a little easier to deal with in sharing my baby with everyone.

This is the last picture that I have of him & even thought I usually have better hair days ;) - I think it's one of my favorites.

doggy lover
March 14th, 2006, 09:10 AM
So sorry for your loss, I joined the board when I had lost my dog too. Another :angel: has crossed the bridge.

Cricket
March 14th, 2006, 08:07 PM
My biggest problem is that I'm greedy - I wanted another 10 years plus.

I have one last picture to post - this is the best one that I have & from the first night that we brought him home - he was such an :angel:

chico2
March 15th, 2006, 08:45 AM
He was such a beautiful little pup and no,you are not greedy,although Taz's life was cut short,we all want our loved pets to live forever:love:

Cricket
March 15th, 2006, 09:03 AM
2 years is too short - another 10 would have been about right.

I'm just having a hard time dealing with it - the 6 millions 'what if's' that run thru my head each day of who did what wrong & what signs was he showing that I missed? It's only been just over 2 weeks but it feels at times like it was yesterday & other times it feels like a lifetime ago. During the day I forget & think - god I've got to go home & let Taz out & then reality sets in & I know that I don't have too.