Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Better than a kennel?

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 02:06 AM
I'm doggy sitting till tomorrow... She asked how much per day and I don't do this often, so I whipped out a number. She said it was more than her kennel (oops!!), but since the doggy would be better off, it would be ok. So all week we've been asking ourselves if we're worth the extra $5 a day...:D (This isn't a self-endorsement, IMO, because I don't dog sit other than for people I'm very close with and my doggies know well. No calls, please.:p I'll just say no. It's really just a thread to show off some pics I took this week, ok? :D)

Here is some photographic proof:

She got endless toys of all shapes and sizes...

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 02:07 AM
She got some buddies to lie with/fight with/be the alpha of...

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 02:08 AM
And best of all...

She got a man to lie around with, with her toys....

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Much to the dismay of the little girl who lives here...:eek: Poor neglected doggy.:( ;)

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 02:20 AM
Jemma: I'm so neglected this week. Sure, my daddy pets me sometimes, but it's not ALL the time.:(

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Jemma: The little petting time I do get, I take VERY seriously now.

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Jemma: I'm not kidding. This petting session only lasted about a half hour. There's nothing funny about that.

(She stayed serious for so long, I made my man imitate her...:D)

Shamrock
March 11th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Jemma has a VERY expressive face, Prin, lol!
She conveys it all...:crazy: bless her little heart.:D
Great pics of the triplets! ( and of your man too - what a cutie!):thumbs up

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Last one... I had to get a Boo in here too...

Boo: What? Why are you stopping? Keep petting! I'm neglected too!

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Jemma has a VERY expressive face, Prin, lol!
She conveys it all...:crazy: bless her little heart.:D
Great pics of the triplets! ( and of your man too - what a cutie!):thumbs up
Thanks Shamrock. I was worried I was going overboard. It's 2:30 am, so who knows if I'm in a normal state of mind.:D

chico2
March 11th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Awww Prin,those pics are priceless,LOVE them...:love:
I have no idea how much a kennel charges,but to me I would pay the extra $5 to have my dog in a loving home.

jesse's mommy
March 11th, 2006, 08:34 AM
She got some buddies to lie with/fight with/be the alpha of...

Who's your doggie? They all look the same in this picture! :D

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 03:47 PM
LOL From left to right, it's Rosie (not ours), Jemma and then Boo.:D

Thanks Chico.:o

jawert1
March 11th, 2006, 04:50 PM
oh Prin, poor Jemma, she just looks cranky over this situation! Give them all double hugs from Peach and Simon :)

jiorji
March 11th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Much to the dismay of the little girl who lives here...:eek: Poor neglected doggy.:( ;)

well I dunno man. You have to look at both sides of the situation. Since they're all black, maybe he got confused?!?:confused: lol

Prin
March 11th, 2006, 09:36 PM
LOL Of all three, Jemma is most easily picked out. She's got them big blues and abnormally soft fur...

jiorji
March 12th, 2006, 01:12 AM
(This isn't a self-endorsement, IMO, because I don't dog sit other than for people I'm very close with and my doggies know well. No calls, please.:p I'll just say no. )

you also forgot to say that you only forster and babysit black dogs. hehee :crazy: :D

Prin
March 12th, 2006, 01:18 AM
LOL Black mutts. This is a color-free zone. Only a small white chesty patch is allowed. All other colors are not permitted.

Bearsmom
March 12th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Darnit, and I was going to ship you our guys the first week of April when we're in the USA....Bear has a white patch on his chest, does that count? And Kaos has one white paw, does that count?

Prin
March 12th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Ummm... I don't think the man would like it if I said "Hey, guess what? Bear and Kaos are coming for a week." lol Doesn't sound as convincing as if I said, "Hey guess what? Tiny and Shedless are coming for a week.." :D

SnowDancer
March 12th, 2006, 12:45 PM
For quality home care, most people pay double a kennel rate!

Prin
March 12th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Well then... I'm pretty cheap then.:D We brought her back yesterday and the owners were shocked and jokingly appauled that Rosie slept in the bed with us every other night... It's not like we had a choice. The first night was a bit iffy, but the second night that she slept with us, she declared that she was going to. "Move over. I'm sleeping here," and she never moved the entire night. The third time, she was on the bed before we brushed our teeth.:D She just needed some cuddlin'.

Boo's happy though. He's not the omega of 2 bitches anymore.:D

SnowDancer
March 12th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Of course the bed was hers! When our Eskie is boarded he also sleeps in the boarder's bed - I think it must get awfully crowded with her own Weim and Husky plus our 23 lb. monster with the long legs. He tends to move about though in his sleep - and his 23 lbs. becomes like 23 tonnes. And the the "sighs" as he sleeps. It was worse with our 10 lb. Dachshund - a king size bed isn't big enough for one Dachshund and Mom and Dad. I pay $40 for my pup when over 3 days - $45 if under. I also send his own food - and he shares it with the other dogs who basically eat a different flavour of same brand - and is destructo dog with the toys - he can destroy a new toy faster than a Rotti. The big 2 arrives April 1 - but Eskies apparently mature a little later than other dogs. My guy will be a baby forever - endearing - I just want a baby who doesnt' chew.

Prin
March 12th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I knew a sheltie who could take up an entire queen-sized bed...:evil:

$40, eh? I was much cheaper than that.:highfive: