Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Baby Girl

Cathy1
March 10th, 2006, 02:27 PM
This is Duchess. She is a Spitz/Whippet approximately 1 yr. I wanted another older dog, but after Teddy died Duke quit eating so I decided a younger one would be better for him. Duke is now happy again. Duchess does have issues with food and toy aggression, but we are working on that. She has only been with us since yesterday.

jesse's mommy
March 10th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Congrats on the new addition to the family. She's beautiful. My parents have a lab/whippet mix. Whippets are wonderful dogs.

Frenchy
March 10th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Congrats on your new baby,she is very pretty.

Prin
March 10th, 2006, 10:51 PM
She's really pretty! (we have a vast vocabulary here at pets.ca... but that's what she is: pretty)

What I have found with the couple of dogs I've babysat who were possessive of toys is bombarding them with toys. We have toys EVERYWHERE here, and the dogs that have visited us and were possessive eventually forgot they were possessive- especially since my dogs never play with the toys... What's so special about that new tennis ball, when there are 15 others lying around?:D Maybe we got lucky, but it has worked with two so far. (two is not a huge sample size...:o )