Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rick Mercer on E-Bay

Writing4Fun
March 9th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Anyone following the Rick Mercer auction on E-Bay? It's up to $16,000,000.00 CDN now, and there's 5 days left in the auction. :crazy:

jawert1
March 9th, 2006, 06:15 PM
I'm not an ebay-er so who is Rick Mercer and why is he being sold for 16,000,000. CD? :p

Writing4Fun
March 9th, 2006, 06:19 PM
LOL! No, no, he's auctioning off a "Liberal Leadership Campaign Kit". It consists of 15 minutes with his writing staff to create your campaign and the use of his printer, which is running low on magenta ink. He claims this is all you'll need to have a decent shot in the leadership race. You know, I'm not a Rick Mercer fan, but I have to say that this is kind of funny.

Prin
March 9th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I love Rick Mercer. Remember when they had that petition to change Stockwell Day's first name to Doris? They had tens of thousands of signatures. :thumbs up

Skryker
March 9th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I love Rick Mercer. Remember when they had that petition to change Stockwell Day's first name to Doris? They had tens of thousands of signatures. :thumbs up

Yup-and I and everyone I know signed it! It was just too funny, and it really pointed out how absurd the idea of allowing anyone with a petition and 10, 000 signatures to be able to call a referendum was.