Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

THS strike web site

Akeeter
March 9th, 2006, 01:36 PM
http://www.savetheths.com/

Agree :) or don't agree :( , this web site is an education. :D

I think this is Pitty/Staffy related because the usual majority of dogs in the THS shelter are all or crossbreeds of these 2.

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
March 9th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Something needs to be done there -- and fast, not just for the benefit of the animals, but also for the workers. Tim Trow needs to open his eyes and face the reality of the shelter's condition. .

chico2
March 9th, 2006, 04:30 PM
WoW,that was an eye-opener,I always thought the THS was a"good"place,but when they last summer gave away cats for free,I started having my doubts.
I know they get tons of donated money,often display adoptable"cute"animals on City TV.
The whole thing is just sad...

mummummum
March 10th, 2006, 09:37 AM
I had no idea labour and volunteer relations were so poor at THS. The allegations about how donations are used/misused and the mistreatment of volunteers and staff are unsettling. I've written THS and advised that I am suspending my donations until the dispute is settled and THS responds publicly to how donations are used.

Akeeter
March 12th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Things are terrible, or so I hear! Some of the volunteers I know have been 'fired' of just left in dusgust. All of them are knowlegable & dedicated, & most had years of volunteer service with them. I just don't know what to think anymore.:eek:

chico2
March 12th, 2006, 07:40 AM
and caught in the middle are defenseless,needy animals:sad: