Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good bye Gypsy Bear..

twinmommy
March 8th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I haven't posted in a while, but I wanted to give tribute to my friend. Also to thank Dr Plasse for being a source of help, support and kindness. For those of you who know her story, Gypsy went to the bridge yesterday....she will be happier there, although she will be missed and will always be loved by us.

Gypsy

To the Gypsy that remains faces freedom with a little fear
I have no fear, I have only love
And if I was a child
And the child was enough
Enough for me to love
Enough to love

She is dancing away from me now
She was just a wish
She was just a wish
And a memory is all that is left for you now
You see your gypsy
You see your gypsy

I still see your bright eyes, bright eyes

--Fleetwood Mac

I'll always love you ,you big bear, and I know that you know.

happycats
March 8th, 2006, 10:18 AM
OMG twinmommy, as tears drip on my keyboard as I type this.
I am so sorry, I know how hard this has been for you and your family, and my thoughts and prayers are with you, and I wish you strenght to get through this difficult time.

RIP sweet Gypsy girl. You have gone to a much better place, you are an angel now,keeping guard over your loving family. :angel:

:grouphug:

Rottielover
March 8th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, I know this feel too well. I too had to make a decision like the one you made. You made the right choice, you could not protect her from every fear, every noice, every child. I know..I know, and I also know she is alot happier being released from all her deamons that followed her.
It has been 3 years for me this May, and I still think about him every day. But now I can do it with a smile. He is up there pain free ( emotionally) and watching over Harley to make sure his mistakes and fears are not repeated.

CyberKitten
March 8th, 2006, 11:50 AM
I too extend my sincere sympathy Twinmommy! I know how much and how hard you worked to help Gypsy - you really did all you could, above and beyond!! I am so very sorry for your loss!! :grouphug:

chico2
March 8th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Twinmommy,I am so very sorry:sad:
We all know you fought a valiant battle to help Gypsy,but her troubles ran to deep.
She's ok now,no more demons ,you loved her and cared for her and she'll now be your guardian angel,forever greatful you gave her peace:pawprint: :love:

Prin
March 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was lucky to have you to fight with her.

cpietra16
March 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I am so sorry to hear about gypsy...RIP Gypsy

Frenchy
March 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.It sounds like she was lucky to be with you and you took good care of her.

doggy lover
March 8th, 2006, 07:06 PM
So sorry for your loss, run free Gypsy.:angel:

BMDLuver
March 8th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Awww hon... Gypsy will be at peace now and will enjoy her new life over the bridge. You did a great job with her and stuck with it for so long. Kudos to you for giving her so much love and affection. Hugs to you and the whole family.

twinmommy
March 8th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Jenn--Thanks hon for everything...especially letting me talk your ear off when it was "same old, same old."

I also forgot to thank my husband who has been my hero and a complete rock through all of this.
We were just reminiscing about her, and we miss her sooo much.

Thanks everybody for all your support, this has been quite the emotional rollercoaster. Sometimes being a parent is really tough. Much tougher than I ever imagined....:sad: I know I had to do this, though. For my kids, and also for Gypsy.

ZebbyZeb
March 9th, 2006, 08:57 AM
I know only too well the pain of losing your Gypsy. Know that others understand and our prayers are with you. So sorry for your loss.