November 20th, 2003, 08:45 PM
hi. this is my first time using this forum. Something is wrong with my dog and I am worried. Wednesday morning I woke up and noticed my 2yr/old Dane/Shep's eye was drooping like a bloodhounds and looked to be rolled back into his head, even though his eye lid was still open. I rushed him to the vet, but by the time I got there, it wasn't doing it. That evening when I got home it was doing it again, even worse. I called the emerg. vet and she said it might be an allergic reaction, and if it was still doing it in the morning to take him back to my vet. Well, now it's doing it again. It looks like something out of a horror movie. My husband accidentally left one whole peanut on the counter that Bentley ate Tuesday evening. Could that be it? Could he have been poisoned? I am at a complete loss and worried that his eye could be permanently damaged. He doesn't seem to be in any pain. Please advise.