Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My cat is barfing everywhere someone help!

alajoagra
March 7th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Hello everyone! I have a question approx two weeks ago my cat started throwing up once almost everyday. I took her to the vet and they told me they don't see anything wrong with her and gave me some antibiotics for her just in case it was an infection and sent me home with special food. She was fine for about a week and now she has started throwing up again. I got her from someone that had passed and she was on special diet food and it was very expensive. I started weening her off that to cheaper food. Also when the other people had her they never gave her wet food but I give my other cat wet food and so I started giving it to her too and she has been fine for almost two years. Now all of a sudden she is sick. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks ALicia

Lucky Rescue
March 7th, 2006, 12:27 PM
What tests did the vet do?

alajoagra
March 7th, 2006, 12:39 PM
He checked her ears and stomach and took her temperature, I think thats about it. He kept on telling me she may just have like stomache problems and that was supposedly what the special food was for. The weird thing is she is acting fine, she still is walking around and wants love and usually goes back and eats some more right after she pukes! She is definitely not acting sick( i.e hiding or not wanting attention ) ? ? ? Oh yeah the vet actually gave her a shot of antibitoics too.

jessick
March 7th, 2006, 02:23 PM
What was the 'special' diet food, and why was she on it?

alajoagra
March 7th, 2006, 02:59 PM
The special food was i.d. brand cat food and it is supposed to be for cats that have upset stomaches. I asked the vet if she has to have this food for the rest of her life or if I just give her this bag ( it is dry food ), and the vet said just this one bag and then after that switch to another kind of i.d food.

jessick
March 7th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Did she throw up when she was on the 'special' food? If not, I think you may have your answer. If it is too expensive, try mixing half and half with the brand you are using now and see if that helps.
good luck

alajoagra
March 7th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Yes she is still on special food, originally I was just giving her the special food and then I started mixing it with the general supermarket cat food. So she has puked while she was on regular food and puked on the special formula.