Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What is it

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 6th, 2006, 08:18 PM
:eek: Okay any guesses what is it? :eek:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 6th, 2006, 08:19 PM
here is another look just in case your still guessing.

happycats
March 6th, 2006, 08:21 PM
strawberry yogurt gone bad:yuck:?

Prin
March 6th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Melted "spimone" ice cream... You know, the one with strawberry, vanilla (or chocolate) and pistachio? Do they still make that?

cpietra16
March 6th, 2006, 08:22 PM
I guess icecream would be too obvious...so I will go with ....mmmm....some sort of meat?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
Nope! thats not it! :D

mummummum
It's Latin name is Murghosa Vomitosa commonly known as Murgh :D
Hmmmm... banana's, butterscotch or tapioca pudding, strawberry pudding and ...peas ? Blech ! Pateeweeey !:eek:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 6th, 2006, 08:23 PM
hint you probably have some if not all the ingredients in your cubboard - its all edible but maybe not like that above.

cpietra16
March 6th, 2006, 08:23 PM
paint gone bad or face cream

Prin
March 6th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Edible, eh? Ketchup and mayo?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM
no but its an experiment that my kids got to take home from a birthday party- thats what they got in place of the treat bag. Only thing is they added a few things of their own too.

cpietra16
March 6th, 2006, 08:27 PM
playdoh? or slime stuff that you play with

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 6th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Pretty close - do you guys give up.

Prin
March 6th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I do....:o

cpietra16
March 6th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Ok..give up

mummummum
March 6th, 2006, 08:36 PM
One more guess - strawberry jello, cornstarch, gelatin and soya sauce ? But other than peas I can't figure out the green blobs.

Prin
March 6th, 2006, 08:48 PM
What's going on?! The suspense, ohhh the SUSPENSE!:D

SunGurl372
March 6th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Homemade Silly Putty????

Joey.E.CockersMommy
March 6th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Okay here it is.

Its called Magic Mud. The orginal ingredients is cornstarch
you are supposed to add water - then play with it and see how it feels
but then my kids added green and red food coloring and vinegar and baking soda. They wanted to add all the left overs in the fridge too - but I had to put my foot down somewhere
The vinegar made it all bubbly like a volcano.

The pic is what it looked like the day after - and after I poured off the liquid.

Personally I thought it looked like flesh as it is flesh colored.

joeysmama
March 6th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Okay Joey's mommy--don't let your kids read this one but maybe save it for a rainy day. When I was teaching, when the kids were VERY good, I would let them make a sculpting compound out of shredded wheat and elmers glue.

You tear the shredded wheat into very small shreds and add elmer's glue mixed with water, a little at a time until you get a consistency that's thick enough to mold. Lots of fun and keeps them amused a long time.

I was way offf base on the picture. I thought I saw some sort of reptile in the goop ! :rolleyes: I'm not too good on those guessing games I suppose.

Prin
March 6th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I was right! I mean, spimone has red and green food coloring in it, so I was half right. Sure, I didn't get the actual substance of it, but that's secondary.:D Kids get to have so much fun.:queen: :king:

jjgeonerd
March 7th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Cornstarch and water is interesting. :thumbs up If you put some in your hand and roll it to try and form a ball it will get hard...quit rolling (applying pressure) and it gets runny again. Pretty neat stuff actually. I forget what the pressure hardening characteristic is called, but we learned about it in my undergraduate mechanics of materials class.