Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blue doggies in the sunshine...

Prin
March 5th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Apparently, digicams turn black doggies blue in the sunshine. It looks kind of neat.

This is Rosie, the doggy I'm doggy sitting this week for a friend from the dog park. Look at that blue labby punum! :D

Prin
March 5th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Another Rosie...

Prin
March 5th, 2006, 03:42 PM
And of course, a Blue Jemma... Her fur matches her eyes.:D (I realize, they lose some of the blue effect when I resize them...Oh well.. :( )

Byrd
March 5th, 2006, 09:23 PM
LOL Yes, black highlights blue, as white shades blue.

Prin
March 5th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Really? I didn't know that. It's weird though because they don't look blue in real life... Jemma actually shines kind of purple.:D

jesse's mommy
March 5th, 2006, 10:00 PM
You have a purple doggie? :p

Byrd
March 5th, 2006, 10:06 PM
blue/purple/grey It's an artsy thing (took Graphic design).

mastifflover
March 5th, 2006, 10:15 PM
This was my Blue boy. I love the blue labs. Blue eyes, blue dog very cute
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/Boo.jpg

Prin
March 5th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Jesse's mommy, yeah, she's purpley. lol Black with purple highlights.

Byrd, I'm clueless. Do you mean in general, black brings out the blues, or in pics? (as in it messes with the way the light is reflected or something...) Is it like the complementary colors bring out each other?

Prin
March 5th, 2006, 10:17 PM
This was my Blue boy. I love the blue labs. Blue eyes, blue dog very cute
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/Boo.jpg
He's so cute! Mine aren't really blue though. I love the blue danes. They're really beautiful, too.

Byrd
March 5th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Well, for example you are drawing a black horse, you highlight in a blueish tinge. Black is not actually a colour, it's a shade, and the light reflecting on it seems to show as more of a blue than a white.

Same with white, shade in a blue-grey colour. Ever look at the clouds, what colours are the shadows.... black, or blue-grey? Same thing, white is not technically a colour either, it's a tint.

Basically if you are highlighting or shading with any colour you use a lighter or darker version of that colour, and seeing that black and whites are not colours, they tend to pick up more of the colours that are around them instead of their own colour.

Of course all of this also depends on the intensity of the light shining on them.

Prin
March 5th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Ahh... I see.. I didn't know that.:) But can you bring out a different color by changing the background? Like will it shine more purpley on a yellow background than on a white one? I mean, how do I bring out Jemma's natural purpley color? I tried to find a pic of it but they're either totally black (like on snow) or shining blue like the ones above. It's really hard because the camera always has to compensate for the black, so a lot of detail and texture is lost.

jiorji
March 5th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I don't know why it's doing that. My camera doesn't do that. It could be the pixel capacity. I think the lower megapixel cameras take in color differently. You can alter the blue on photoshop by adding some yellow to the blacks....and other things...I played around with the picture...hope you don't mind...i was bored :D

well it's not that much different...the camera is the first step in taking a photo as well as lighting. You can photo edit only so much. Plus it may also be that since there's no sun, in the shadow things tend to be photographed blueish...ok i'm rambling...who cares?? lol

great picture though :D

Prin
March 6th, 2006, 12:06 AM
But she is in the sun. The sun is directly on her- really bright afternoon sun. The way you edited it, it looks like a bright wintery cloudy day. You know? With only white light outside. Maybe I should just lend you Jemma for a day and you can see what you can do with her.:D

jiorji
March 6th, 2006, 12:20 AM
But she is in the sun. The sun is directly on her- really bright afternoon sun. The way you edited it, it looks like a bright wintery cloudy day. You know? With only white light outside. Maybe I should just lend you Jemma for a day and you can see what you can do with her.:D

yeah that's true...I'm not a great photographer. Rarely do I get good lighting in my photos. hehe
(no ...photography isn't my major :p...that would be horrible...i'd fail..oh wait...that actually happened lol)

hehe Jemma the model :)

any more blue doggie pictures?? :D