Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Bernese Mountain Dog near Montreal (South shore)

Morganounet
March 3rd, 2006, 06:01 PM
Hi (see update below),
This is my first post... and it starts with bad news.
Our young (3 months) Bernese Mountain Dog disappeared in front of our house on feb. 28th in the morning - she might have been stolen.
Any information is welcome - We miss her very much.

More information on : http://www.er.uqam.ca/nobel/k14461/phenixea.htm.

Update - March 13th
A neighbor said she saw our dog twice in Longueuil on the corner of Beauregard and Lasalle. She was with an elderly lady (the dog) - of course it might be another dog, but the description match closely (but for some people BMD may look very similar).

We went there and installed some posters - we will go back.
If any of you live near this area....

Thanks again
Edit/Delete Message

doggy lover
March 3rd, 2006, 06:26 PM
Sorry to hear of your lost doggy, there are some people here that live in Montreal and some are rescue persons so they will be able to help you out a little more there. I hope she wasn't stolen, but that is something that could have happened there are many mean people in this world that would be so mean to do something like that. Good luck I hope you find her, I have a soft spot for BMD's.

Frenchy
March 4th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Just in case she wasn't stolen,have you called the SCDD?It's a pound in St-Hubert 450-656-1007.You should call the spca Montérégie too.Good luck.

coppperbelle
March 5th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Don't call the SCDD, go there. They are located on Chemin Chambly in St-Hubert close to the Carignan border. The SCDD is notorious for telling people their dogs aren't there when they really are. You will have to go everyday. Please don't wait too long. They keep dogs for 6 days I think before putting them up for adoption.

You can also call Berger Blanc, the SPCA Monteregie and the SPCA in Montreal. I would suggest that you also visit the Berger Blanc.
Have you contacted your police department? They will be able to tell you which company is responsible for picking up dogs in your area. In St-Hubert it is the SCDD but I am not sure about Lemoyne. Check with the St-Lambert police also. They may have a different company and since you are so close the pup could have ended up there.

You should also put up posters in the area. Someone might have found him and doesn't know where to return him.

Good luck

BMDLuver
March 8th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Did you check AMR in St. Constant. Perfect puppy mill dog for them as she must still be intact. Hope you find her. I'll keep a look out.

Morganounet
March 10th, 2006, 03:00 AM
Thank you all for your information.
I'm still looking for her and following everythread you give me.

mastifflover
March 13th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Check the pet stores in the area they may know of a new puppy in the area. You know how we all go nuts for puppies. They may know something to help you good luck

Morganounet
April 14th, 2006, 04:47 PM
It's been more than a month now and we were desperate.
Last week three persons reported seeing a similar dog in Lemoyne / Greenfield Park - near Victoria and René-Philippe.

We walk and drive there every day (as much as we can) but still saw nothing...

For those of you who live in the area - I would be grateful for your watchful eyes.

chico2
April 14th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I am so sorry,was hoping to read some good news when I saw your post:sad:
But please don't give up on her,miracles do happen:love: