Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

fundraiser for trip of vet techs

Rottielover
March 2nd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Hi guys, I was wondering if you may have some fundraising ideas for me. There are a couple vets I know, and vet techs that make a yearly visit to a small little village in mexico. They do spay and neuter, vaccines, and other medicals that are needed for the poor strays out there.
I really believe this is a great cause. They pay for everything, government gives them zip. So I wanted to help, mainly because I can not help them physically.
Do you have any ideas ?????

poodletalk
March 2nd, 2006, 12:57 PM
Personally, I think it's great they are willing to help the animals in other countries. I wish they took that money that they raised for their trip applied it to the homless and feral cats here in Quebec.

I know the animals around the world need help, just Mexico doesn't have harsh winters like Quebec has. They don't have puppymills and kittymills like Quebec has. There is such a HUGE need of vet and technicans to help the animals here in Quebec. If they donated their time for one week 8 hours a day to help the homless in Quebec what a huge difference it would make. I just know how much SPCA Monteregie pays in vet bills every year. (If the vets donated their time instead of charging, we could have built our new shelter years ago.)

Again, I think it's great they are willing to help the stray animals in Mexico.

I went to Mexcio in the summer time, my hotel where I stayed at, had donations boxes all over the place to help save the sea turtles. They even had tshirts in the boutique to save the turtles and tshirts to remind you to spay your dog.

There's alot of fundraisers they can do, I guess they can always put out donation box in their clinic.

Rottielover
March 2nd, 2006, 02:56 PM
I understand where you are coming from, but these people that I am referring to are doing what they can. Here it is stupidity why cats roam free, there it is poverty. Big difference. Either way, less animals in the world with what they are doing, an many more saved. I am glad they are doing this, and am Doing what I can for the animals in the world by supporting them