Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Little Ukelele Love...

jawert1
March 1st, 2006, 06:55 PM
So a fmr. b/f of mine (who happens to be a musician) sends me this link with the email title amazing musician - keep an open mind. After a slight chuckle thinking he was self-promoting (shamless at that), I watched this. For any Beatles fans, you'll love it, I promise. And for those who aren't, I'm fireproof :p

http://www.ukuleledisco.com/jake

CyberKitten
March 1st, 2006, 08:07 PM
Uke disco? Hmmm.... I admit I play the uke or used (have not in a while) but disco uke I don't know, lol I used to teacg uke classes in Hfx to make $$$ while in univ - they had a huge program in the school system - not too many kids in Halifax who have not met a uke, lol It's a good way to learn music actually, only 4 strings. My cats are not keen when I play mine tho so that must say something ,haha

jawert1
March 1st, 2006, 11:35 PM
I just started back on guitar after a particularly long hiatus, so both Simon and Peach have been desperately seeking some quiet spaces. Thank goodness no howling yet. And I was thrown by the url myself, but it's the most amazing rendition of While My Guitar Gently Weeps I've heard ever :D

Prin
March 2nd, 2006, 01:05 AM
That was GREAT! It just goes to show that whatever the instrument, a good musician can make beautiful music come of it.:thumbs up