Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rock-a-bully Bash

pitbulliest
March 1st, 2006, 05:03 PM
Here is the information for the 2006 Pit Bull Co-op Toronto Fundraiser:

Live Band - Silent Auction - Q & A Session - Food & Drinks

When: Saturday, May 6th 2006 - 4pm to 8:30pm
Where: 680 Queens Quay West, Toronto (Performance Space)
Tickets are $25 per person including finger foods and soft drinks
All proceeds will go to the Dog Legislation Council of Canada Legal
Challenge Fund to battle breed specific legislation.

http://www.doglegislationcouncilcanada.org

For tickets and information, contact:

Debbie
rockapuppy@yahoo.ca
(416)-260-5745

OR

Violet
info@pitbullproject.ca
(416)-621-7919

Tickets are also available at:
The Dog Lounge at 2783 Dundas Street West:
Contact Laura at (416)-769-0861

Helmutt's Pet Supply at 865 Queen Street West: (416)-504-1265

FLYER AND POSTER can be downloaded here:
http://www.pitbullproject.ca/coop.htm

babyrocky1
March 2nd, 2006, 12:43 PM
Thanks for posting all of this Vi, we are absolutely sure that this is the final flyer guys so we really need all the help we can get promoting this event! Clayton Ruby needs more $$$$ LOL besides we want to meet you all in May!!!! Also we need donations for the silent auction and more volunteers!

seeker
March 2nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
I copied the flyer and and we are going to post them in as many vet's offices in York region as we can get to.

babyrocky1
March 2nd, 2006, 06:36 PM
Thats great Seeker....Thanks sooo much!!!!!!!!!!

babyrocky1
March 7th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Hi all, I was on the phone with the fund-raising person from DLCC today and she suggested that we post as many places as possible to ! sell tickets, but also to get volunteers and people who will go to companys etc. and try and get donations for the silent auction. Also publisize, as Seeker is doing!!! We all have our favorite pet stores, doggie day cares, vet offices etc! We even put up flyers at U of T for the pit bull co-op and had lots of response, so becauase we all live far apart we can use this to our advantage, Vi and I cant get to every area, so if you could all help out in your respective neighbourhoods it could really give us a boost...oh and dont forget to come yourselves....Oh and btw you dont have to be a "bullie owner" to come and party!!! We luv ya anyway!:grouphug:

babyrocky1
March 17th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Hi all, well the suggestion was that I keep updating this post in the hopes of getting more and more people helping to publisize our event. Vi and I went out postering last Monday and did quite a few places betweeen Menagerie East end, and Etobicoke, Menagerie gave us some donations for the auciton and alot of other places told us to call back but put up our posters etc. So once again, if anyone can help, please download the posters and take them anywhere you can think of..... Thanks a Billion! Also if your gutsy enough you could always ask your favorite pet store, or any other kind of store for that matter lOL for a donation for the auciton. thanks, Debbie .... and dont be shy about ordering tickets, theyre already to go, sell them to mom dad grandma, boy or girlfriend...... ;)

Luvmypit
March 20th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Have you had any calls for purchasing tickets yet?? if not I am sure you will. I am so excited!

babyrocky1
March 21st, 2006, 05:46 PM
We just got the tickets printed, we have been dividing them up between the two stores and someone at Bullies in Need who is helping, and a few people from the DLCC. So guys it would be a areally good idea to start ordering them now! If your not near downtown you can just pm me or Vi and we will reserve your ticket, you can send your cheque and we can keep a master list so that you can pick your ticket up on the day, but we really dont want too many at the door, we only have alittle over a hundred and ofcourse I would like everyone from this list to make sure they get theres!

seeker
March 21st, 2006, 07:46 PM
I need 2 for sure put them on reserve . Thanks

babyrocky1
March 21st, 2006, 07:57 PM
You got em Seeker:)

seeker
March 21st, 2006, 08:41 PM
Does anyone have ideas on what to donate for the auctions ????
babyrocky1 I can send a cheque PM me with an address . thanks

babyrocky1
March 21st, 2006, 08:49 PM
Seeker, we have so far had donations for things like gift certificates from pet stores, pet toys, dog biscuits, a Royal Dalton Clock, art services, ex. portrait of your dog, art prints, airial photograph of one of the ships in the Halifax harbour, oh and Jessies mom is sending us a basket of yummie mr. Christie cookies etc. In other words just about anything..... the skys the limit so to speak. Also if people could bring food items for the party that would be welcome, we will be providig finger foods and soft drinks but some people want to bake etc. so thats all very welcome. The DLCC has asked us to approach stores etc and see who might want to donate something, I was somewhat hesitant at first but so far all of the pet stores we have approached have given us a solid maybe:) Except for Menagerie, Helmuts, and the Dog Lounge...they are for sure!

babyrocky1
March 23rd, 2006, 10:40 PM
:D Hehe, just to cheeer myself up a bit, I decided to go to Bryants riding to put up some Rock-a-Bully Bash fundraising posters...it felt gooood. I put some in the pet stores near his consituancy office on St clair West, they donated some dog treats and toys too! Its a little thing I know but its nice to be welcomed into "enemy territory" he he You know make some friends in the riding for October 2007:D

babyrocky1
April 5th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Just a Quick reminder folks, time is ticking and we really need confirmations on how many tickets you would like etc. so we can finish up the planning, we have lots of cool donations for the auction for you and your pooch and are working on getting more everyday and besides we really want to Meet YOU! See ya at the Bash!:party: :party: :party:

babyrocky1
April 6th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I got a phone call from a vets office in king City today asking me if its okay to reprint the flyer for the Bash! Someones been publisizing us! If that was anyone from this site, postering for the bash...thankyou!!!:highfive:

twodogsandacat
April 6th, 2006, 11:33 PM
BabyRocky: Put me down for two. PM me and we can arrange details.

babyrocky1
April 7th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Yay....2 Dogs! :highfive:

seeker
April 7th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I got a phone call from a vets office in king City today asking me if its okay to reprint the flyer for the Bash! Someones been publisizing us! If that was anyone from this site, postering for the bash...thankyou!!!:highfive:

Lynn took them to vets offices all over york region including there, She will be happy to hear this. http://www.pets.ca/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D

babyrocky1
April 7th, 2006, 10:24 PM
:grouphug: :angel: Yay Lynne!!!!!:thumbs up ....Thankyou!!!!:highfive:

Copper'sMom
April 9th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Ooooh I can't wait to go!!:party: I'm looking forward to meeting you all in person! And Debbie, I can't wait to meet Rocky!! I may want to spend time with him rather than socializing!:eek: :crazy: LOL I really don't get out much!:rolleyes:

Oh and I met the gentleman from the Bad Dog Band who's playing at the fundraiser! He was in my little town today at a Dog Show!! I'm not sure what breed he was showing, but he was there till the end to compete in Best in Show! He placed 2nd:thumbs up He was a very nice gentleman:)

Don't forget to pm me with the info for my car pool ride!

babyrocky1
April 9th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Im on that right now Sherry! i will pm you! Yes Bill Francis is the guy from the Bad Dog Band and he also testified for the "good guys" and that means us!!! at the committee hearings! Its a small doggy world:pawprint: And we will all be reunited once again and the Rock a Bully Bash: grouphug:

babyrocky1
April 11th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Hey everyone the cookies from Jessies Mom have arrived!!!!!! Thanks Jesses mom!!!!!! I was having visions of some Cross border package checkers mysteriously gaining a lot if weight!!!! The box is huge, it came to my co-op office so I actually havaent brought it upstairs yet.

You Rock a Bully Bashers are in for a Sweeeet treat!!!:party:

Thankyou Jesses Mom!:highfive: :grouphug: :party: :ca: :usa: :pawprint:

Luvmypit
April 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah Jesse's mom. We seriously appreciate the support especially coming from the US. God bless you!:ca: :usa:

Luvmypit
April 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM
BTW I need one ticket hoping to make it two. But one for sure.

Please hold for me Babyrocky!

jesse's mommy
April 11th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I'm so happy they arrived!!!! Yippee!! I actually went to the post office yesterday to see if they could track it. I'm seriously jumping for joy right now!!!!!!

(You just may have to fluff the bow up a little on the basket, it may have been a little crushed, but the cookies should be fine. :o )

seeker
April 11th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I'm so happy they arrived!!!! Yippee!! I actually went to the post office yesterday to see if they could track it. I'm seriously jumping for joy right now!!!!!!

(You just may have to fluff the bow up a little on the basket, it may have been a little crushed, but the cookies should be fine. :o )

This is an incredible contribution coming all the way from Florida , WOW !
Thank you so much for helping us.

jesse's mommy
April 11th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I'm glad to help. I figure we are all in this together. The pit bull bans and negativity spreads like wildfires! I hate thinking there may be a day that we will have to muzzle Jesse. If we cut it off at the source and educate people we may have a chance to beat this!

babyrocky1
April 11th, 2006, 08:37 PM
I'm glad to help. I figure we are all in this together. The pit bull bans and negativity spreads like wildfires! I hate thinking there may be a day that we will have to muzzle Jesse. If we cut it off at the source and educate people we may have a chance to beat this!
I wish more people understood these implications the way that you do Jesses mom! I had a great time opening the package, the bow actually looks fine...wow! what a haul for some lucky Bully Basher! Thanks again, As you can see from the posts we all really appreciate it!
:grouphug:

Copper'sMom
April 12th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Jesse's mommy - you are such a wonderful, caring, thoughtful and so very jolly of a person through the words you type here on this board everyday and to send a donation all this way............I wish I could give you a big hug!:grouphug: <so this one will have to do!:D

Too bad you couldn't come to the bash! You'll definitely be in our thoughts that night!

Copper'sMom
April 12th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Oh Debbie, please save me 2 tickets!!!!! I'm bringing a friend who knows the Toronto area!!!:thumbs up

poodletalk
April 12th, 2006, 04:34 PM
How are you doing on the media? Are you contacting all the newspapers and radio station. You should try to get someone from a popular radio station MC your event.

If May wasn't a crazy month for me, I would come to your event!

babyrocky1
April 13th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Actually so far we are putting it together as a non-media event. We may revisit that this week as we are having a strategising session on Saturday and a pit bull co-op walk on Monday. Connie wilson did put up our event on the Modern Dog website though, thanks for the Hookup Poodle Talk!

jesse's mommy
April 21st, 2006, 10:12 PM
How are things going? Are you getting excited? It's coming up in a few weeks. How are the ticket sales? How are the donations? Sorry for so many questions. I'm just curious to hear an update!

babyrocky1
April 21st, 2006, 10:41 PM
How do ya spell nervouse breakdown:crazy:

LOL it is getting close isnt it? LOL Im really looking forward to the Bash as I hope everyone else is but its kinda nerve wracking...so much more needs to be done! We all need to thank MUMUMUMUM as well, she is going to help with the decor and she has already done lots of promotion!!!! Wait til you all see Jesses moms basket of goodies!
You guys all know that Violet, (pitbulliest ofcourse) is working like crazy and we also have Carrie, who we met at the Pit Bull co-op...she has recently come on board at the request of both Violet and I cause she knows what shes doing and were just faking it!
Carrie actually has experience with event plannning and thankfully she has come on board with us. You guys will love her and I think her band is going to do a set before the Bad Dog Band comes on...well see:fingerscr

Luvmypit
April 26th, 2006, 10:49 AM
A lady at my work knows I have a pit bull and she said to me "you know there is this Rock a bully bash thing going on that I saw flyers for"

I about cried! She said she saw them at PetAgree Groomers in the Bloor street area. She asked if I knew where she could get flyers. The lady said she will put them at the pet valu (owner has a staffy) in High park and the Bloor animal clinic (had petition against the banning of pits).

Good flyering people!!!!!!

Schwinn
April 26th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I was hoping to make it, but a family thing came up...too bad. I was looking forward to meeting all of you!

Hope all goes well!

babyrocky1
April 26th, 2006, 09:37 PM
A lady at my work knows I have a pit bull and she said to me "you know there is this Rock a bully bash thing going on that I saw flyers for"

I about cried! She said she saw them at PetAgree Groomers in the Bloor street area. She asked if I knew where she could get flyers. The lady said she will put them at the pet valu (owner has a staffy) in High park and the Bloor animal clinic (had petition against the banning of pits).

Good flyering people!!!!!!Wow, thats great Luvmypit!
And Lynne and Seeker, I just sold two tickets to someone from King city....thanks you guys!:grouphug:

babyrocky1
April 26th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I was hoping to make it, but a family thing came up...too bad. I was looking forward to meeting all of you!

Hope all goes well!
Thanks Scwinn... we were looking forward to meeting you too! looks like you remain the man of mystery:sad: We would have had such fun guessing who you were too:crazy: That was going to be one of the "group" activities LOL

seeker
April 26th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Babyrock we have some food and donations and are thinking that we should drop them off before the bash . The weekend is good for us, PM me with an address or a # . Thanks
That's great about the K.C tickets.

babyrocky1
April 26th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Done Seeker! And thanks again! Hey we are having a Pittie Co-op walk this weekend maybe you could multi-task and join us!

seeker
April 27th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Done Seeker! And thanks again! Hey we are having a Pittie Co-op walk this weekend maybe you could multi-task and join us!
Sorry we are babysitting 3 kids under 12 this weekend , stuffing them into a van and driving to the city is OK but trying to keep control of them and a dog or 2 on a walk would take "multitasking" to the next level.

babyrocky1
April 27th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Sorry we are babysitting 3 kids under 12 this weekend , stuffing them into a van and driving to the city is OK but trying to keep control of them and a dog or 2 on a walk would take "multitasking" to the next level.LOL now thats a really good excuse!:crazy:
it sounds like your planning a whole weekend of good deeds!:angel:

twodogsandacat
April 28th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Well I was in Toronto for an event last weekend and we are doing a DR (Disaster Recovery) test in the area this weekend. That will be three weekends in a row in the 416 area code. I feel so Metropolitan.

Loving the Starbucks. See you in a week.

Me and Kayla
May 2nd, 2006, 06:32 AM
BUMP!

Looking forward to this weekend. I have a little time on my hands in the evenings this week if you need some help ladies. I'll PM you with my cell phone # Deb, in case you lost it again. :)

Me and Kayla

babyrocky1
May 2nd, 2006, 08:53 PM
Hey Kayla and me..thats really nice of you. Personally Im working Wednesday and Thursday night but we are starting set up on Friday, including Fri night, ofcourse thats probably your party time LOL but the more the merrier, in fact Im kinda flipping out cause we cant get into the space to do stuff before then. So if you want to join us we would love to have you!:highfive:

jesse's mommy
May 2nd, 2006, 09:08 PM
I just want to give you lots of luck for Saturday. I know it'll be a huge success!

Copper'sMom
May 2nd, 2006, 09:27 PM
Debbie and Vi - I wish I could be there to help you get set up - but this will all depend on my guest. If i knew how to drive to the big city myself, i'd be there early! I can't wait to meet you all - and mostly, I can't wait to meet Rocky!!!!:pawprint: ;) LOL

I'm surprised that my friend that is joining me on Saturday is actually coming! I don't think she is as active in the pet world as we all are. I did inform her that she will learn so much about BSL - I don't think she knows how far one banned breed could go. She knows my Copper, but I don't think she realises that there are many more Pit Bulls (and look-a-likes) that are well behaved and very much loved by their owners. She mostly knows what she reads in the news or sees on TV. I'm confident that she will change her opinions/views on the breed in general ---and she is not easily persuaded!!:eek:

babyrocky1
May 2nd, 2006, 10:07 PM
Dont worry about convincing her Sherry, Rocky will be the only dog there," My house my rules" LOL but I will assign him that duty! BTW I got him one of those "party collars" like Copper has for the occasion, he will just be there for a few minutes though, but long enough to meet and greet, besides, with all the fundraising etc. I forgot his birthday, it was on the 26th so now Illl tell him the "Bully Bash" is his birthday party!!!!:party: His SEVENTH! Yikes!:party: :pawprint:

babyrocky1
May 2nd, 2006, 10:10 PM
I just want to give you lots of luck for Saturday. I know it'll be a huge success! Thanks Jesses mom, we will be thinking of you that day thats for sure. I already took your basket down to the art gallery and people can see it from the window so theyre asking about it already!
By the way can you please pm me your last name, I wanted to put it on your donation certificate. Unless you want to put Jesses Mommy on it LOL

Me and Kayla
May 5th, 2006, 08:21 AM
BUMP

Tomorrow's the day for the bully bash. Good luck Deb and Vi and bravo for all your hard work. Our bullies truly appreciate your dedication.

See you tomorrow.

Just Me (not bringing Kayla)

Luvmypit
May 5th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I can't find a baby sitter. Is it ok if I bring a 10 year old or is more for adults? I will pay for her also so more $ for the 'cause'. Let me know!

Copper'sMom
May 5th, 2006, 07:26 PM
I can't find a baby sitter. Is it ok if I bring a 10 year old or is more for adults? I will pay for her also so more $ for the 'cause'. Let me know!

LOL, if your daughter is there, I hope people won't confuse her with me as I look like a 12 year old - when I'm really close to 30!! I really hope she's not taller than me!:rolleyes: lol
Hope you can still make it!!!!!!!!!!

:party: Happy Birthday Rocky!!:party::pawprint:

jesse's mommy
May 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM
So the suspense is killing me! How was it????

mummummum
May 7th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Debbie and Violet earned all bragging rights with blood, sweat and tears and I won't steal their thunder except to say the night was
a SMASHING success !!!!!

Copper'sMom
May 7th, 2006, 07:43 PM
It went great Jesse's Mommy!!!! We had a wonderful time! Except for the DLCC question and answer session - to many teary eyed moments for me :sad: , but overall very informative.
The silent auction went very well and your basket was sold!!!:thumbs up Thanks again for the donation!
I placed my bid on a basket from a pet store on the Danforth that had an Orka ball, a stuffed toy in the shape of a drill, a Safe-T-Tag(flashes LED lights for night time), a bag of Carrot cake dog cookies, a bag of liver treats and a raw hide bone. My little girl claimed the stuffed drill!! She loves it!:crazy:
The DLCC also had shirts, sweaters, pins, bandannas, and car decals for sale to raise money for the legal challenge.
A HUGE thanks to Debbie and Violet from pets.ca, and the many others that contributed to the event.:angel: It was great to meet a few people from here as well!
Here are the items I bought:

Copper'sMom
May 7th, 2006, 07:47 PM
This what I bought from the DLCC:

Copper'sMom
May 7th, 2006, 08:00 PM
And this guy............he was a very popular at the bash! What a handsome, loveable, huggable, kissable guy!!! I fell in love:love: ..............................

Luvmypit
May 8th, 2006, 10:44 AM
I didn't make it. :sad:
I wasn't sure if I should bring her or not. Basically I rationalized it as it was an art gallery with a rock band... and I heard no mention of other kids. If If it werent so far I would have came just to see. I feel aweful! I was so anxious on Saturday knowing I couldn't go and that I was expected. So on behalf of me and my dog I am sooo sorry!

To top it all off I couldnt get babyrockys # because my internet was down at home and has been for 3 weeks. :sad: :( Actually my whole PC is on the fritz! ). I logged on later on at a friends... too late though.

Sorry again guys I feel like I let ya'll down.. I want to pay for my ticket not b/c I missed it but that is part of it but because I want to feel like I did something.. So please tell me where I can pay for it.

babyrocky1
May 8th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Luvmypit, we made a ton of money....do not worry about it!!!! But we really missed you, I called you yesterday and left a message ... I hope that was your number???
We tried to get a message to you on the day of that you and your step daughter would be very welcome! The case is next week so you can help Plan the VICTORY Party LOL

THANKYOU ALL from pets.ca for really helping to make the event work out! It was sooo nice to see you all finally meeting! I hope everyone had a good time as Rocky and myself...Rockys seventh birthday was April 26th so he was told this was his birthday party! I think that this was one of the best days of his life! I know Coppers Mom will be posting pics anytime now LOL

Luvmypit, the pitbull co-op walks are a very regular thing now...we have folks from bullies in need, pets.ca, even Steve from the DLCC was with us yesterday...I know its far for you to come down but maybe you could make a special trip one time and meet up with us, step daughter welcome!
Actually invitation is open to everyone ofcourse, right now we meet on Sunday nights at eight. Pm me for place!

:)

babyrocky1
May 8th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Okay, guys Im reading backwards again! Sorry! MUMUMUMUM works like a crazy woman...wait til someone posts pics of the decorations!!!!! All MUMUMUMMUM mUM a few extra mumumums cause she deserves them all! GIANT purple and silver bones, ballooons stars!!!! soooo coool! More pics please Coppers Mom! It was great meeting you guys from this site, I think I already said that but its certainly worth repeating, you guys ROCK! Can you believe its next week?....say prayers everyone! I have to say doing all of this really makes me feel a part of the whole process now!

:fingerscr

Luvmypit
May 8th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks babyrocky I really felt awful. I had one of those should I go shouldn't I go saturdays. Then when it was too late even if I tried I felt so guilty.

But I do believe that just means I have to make a special extra effort to come for a walk with you all. Sundays Are actually good for me and I work in Toronto so coming down for a walk is not bad at all. I'll let you know when I am good to go. So come on now can we have some more pics?? Please ...

Copper'sMom
May 8th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Did someone say MORE PICS?????? lol Here's a good one......................

Copper'sMom
May 8th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Oooohh soooorry!:o You wanted pics of the decorations!! lol Here's decorations on the windows! Very cool!

jesse's mommy
May 8th, 2006, 09:04 PM
More pictures please! :D

Copper'sMom
May 8th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Sorry Debbie! All the other pics of the decorations I have need to be resized again!:mad: I can't do it from this crappy old computer! I have good shots of the whole stage with the decorations and the band. So for now, how about another of the Birthday:party: boy:love: ??

Copper'sMom
May 8th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Ok, last for now............all the rest are of Rocky! lol I couldn't help myself - he was a perfect subject, and then I just forgot to take pics of the auction items and such!:o
In this picture from left to right are: Twodogsandacat(bare foot in sneaker), Seeker's wife and Seeker, not sure who's next, babyrocky's mom, and of course in the front center is Rocky!:pawprint: :crazy:

mummummum
May 8th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Jeepers Babyrocky - I held back thinking any minute now you and Pitbulliest were gonna get on here with some well-deserved BRAGGING...turned shy ? Modest now ? Oy!

Well, to all: the event was INCREDIBLE. Simply, splendiforously, superfantastical !!!!

You would not believe the AMOUNT and the QUALITY of the items Babyrocky and Pitbulliest garnered for auction - STUNNING. The basket full of tucker donated by Jessie's Mommy was truly a hit. You should have seen the ear-to-ear beamer on the guy who jumped in with the trump bid at the 30 second mark (must be a expert ebayer...) - a few disappointed faces let me assure you!

The food was pigout-worthy (well, I was good for 4 plates anyway and I noticed I was NOT alone) - again - all donations secured by Pitbulliest, Babyrocky and their Pitbull Co-op pal Carrie. Seeker and Mrs. Seeker - all I can say is YUM.

The Bad Dog band are - not surprising - dogpeople and were genuinely happy to donate their time and talent to The Cause. Hardrockin' souls all of them who found more than a few fans that evening and went away happy with some bones and food.

The Q&A I'm told (I was home for a dawgwalk break) was very informative and of course, heart wrenching - given the facts. One of the folks there who wasn't overly familiar with all the issues and has recently adopted a bullyX said the Q&A was a real eyeopener for him and he hopes to get more involved.

Set up and clean up went surprizingly smoothly (though I'm not sure anyone would say so at the time given the level of nervous energy and exhaustion:rolleyes: ) MOSTLY because there were plently of willing hands - Pitbulliest's friends and their family, Babyrocky's amazing co-op members and Carrie's friends and family. You "youngsters" ROCK!

It's a shame there isn't an emoticon for a thousand hands clapping because it truly was an AMAZING event made all the more amazing in that it's a FIRST for Babyrocky and Pitbulliest and they met an awful lot of challenges along the way. You are AMAZING women! If this case could be won on sheer determination and pitbullheadedness - it would be over done with and gone. And to think, you did it all with good humour, good grace and no messy bloodbathes :D !

Gushing now over.:grouphug: :pawprint: :grouphug:

jesse's mommy
May 8th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Now that's what I wanted to hear! Remember, I'm in Florida. I need specific details about the entire event so I can play it out in my head!!! I need the play by play! I'm so happy this was such a huge success and it helps to educate those who just don't know! Yippee!!!!!!:highfive:

babyrocky1
May 8th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the cool description MUMUMUMUM and Coppers Mm, I love these pics of Rocky, can you send me a disk???? I still want to see more of the event though, but I will wait patiently...yeah right... LOL
Coppers Mom, how is it you are able to identify everyones feet? Is it that your that close to the ground??? LOL hahahha.... I crack myself up.....! That was for all the "old jokes" you enjoy at my expense LOL
I actually missed alot cause i didnt want to bring Rocky into the concert, I was worried it would be too loud for him...but we went in for the last set, which was a little softer and Rocky posed for pics with the band...I think Coppers Mom and Pitbulliest have those shots????
I really cant wait for those pics of the performance space it looked soooo good!
Yeah the band very generously donated their time, Bill the singer also testified at the committee hearings so everyone was a pittie enthusiast who was there. Which explains why Rocky had such a great day! Coppers moms basket was donated by Small Wonders, a pittie friendly store on the Danforth. Helmutts , Dog lounge, Tip Top and Tails, and Menagerie and one more Love My Pet, all Pittie Supporting pet stores in Toronto. Tons of other people to thank but this is probably not the place for that. EXCEPT I would really like to thank Pets.ca, after all this is were all of the ideas began. For the fundraiser and the Pit Bull Co-op! Thankyou one and all at pets. ca Wahooooo! :highfive: :grouphug: :highfive:

twodogsandacat
May 8th, 2006, 10:46 PM
I would really like to thank Pets.ca, after all this is were all of the ideas began. For the fundraiser and the Pit Bull Co-op! Thankyou one and all at pets. ca Wahooooo! :highfive: :grouphug: :highfive:

I would like to thank you. You did a great job. I just wish we could of stayed later but we had friends to meet for dinner. Unfortunately after eating all the treats you provided I was too full to finish my meal at the restaurant....so I brought home a doggie bag. I should have convinced them to come too I guess but they wanted Indian food.

I am so glad that I finally got to meet Rocky. I loved him. What a sweet and mellow boy he is. He is the epitome of all that is wrong with the DOLA and why dog owners of all breeds need to fight this thing.

Good job. I hope to see you at a muzzle burning party soon.

BTW: That is indeed my foot in that Merrell. I have enough problems putting faces to names let alone feet. Thatís quite the talent Copperís Mom.

babyrocky1
May 8th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Two Dogs and a Cat you are most very welcome...Im so glad so many of us got together at one time....and now for yet another try of Babyrockys picture posting ability....cross your fingers everyone

babyrocky1
May 8th, 2006, 10:53 PM
somebody obviosly didnt cross there fingers cause I swear I did it right this time! Oooohhh its too big again:confused: we will have to wait for Coppers Mom again...hope I didnt tick her off with the short jokes LOL

babyrocky1
May 8th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I am so glad that I finally got to meet Rocky. I loved him. What a sweet and mellow boy he is. He is the epitome of all that is wrong with the DOLA and why dog owners of all breeds need to fight this thing.

Good job. I hope to see you at a muzzle burning party soon.

Now that everyone knows were I live...lets have a victory party...no fundraising...no ticket selling...a BYB....pot luck...co-operative.....Huge celebration...hopefully we will have good reason very soon, then we can hang out on my roof deck and have a blast!!!!!! Rocky loved all of you too
:pawprint: he slept for tweve hours after all the loving he got!!!!! I have to confess though, hes not usually that mellow...he was exausted.... Hes a good hearted boy, but usually full of energy and loves to jump on people and shower them with kisses!

pitbulliest
May 9th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Hi everyone.
I would like to personally thank everyone from pets.ca for being sooooo supportive of our event, and thank you all that participated, volunteered, and donated.... I absolutely love this forum and its people!!!

The event was great, and it was indeed a success....we have all created a pit bull network that will stay with us even if this ban is overturned...we will all be there to support one another, and now alot of us from here have actually met face to face.

Thanks again everyone...and thanks pets.ca.... :grouphug:

PS: there are more photos under "EVENTS" on the pit bull co-op website:
http://pitbullcoop.2ya.com

pitbulliest
May 9th, 2006, 02:07 AM
By the way..those pics of rocky are awesome..they are so clear and professional looking...my camera shots weren't that good...so much for that photography class I took last year :yuck:

lol...I miss Rocky..

Schwinn
May 9th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Congratulations, guys! So sorry I couldn't make it. I had a course to take for my police application, because otherwise I was planning on bringing the whole famn damily. But I'm glad to hear it went well!

Copper'sMom
May 9th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Pics have been edited!! And some editing for privacy protection stuff! Here's the decorated stage with the band........................

Copper'sMom
May 9th, 2006, 03:50 PM
And another a little closer............................

Copper'sMom
May 9th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Here's Rocky with the band!!

Copper'sMom
May 9th, 2006, 03:55 PM
PS: there are more photos under "EVENTS" on the pit bull co-op website:
http://pitbullcoop.2ya.com

Thanks PB!!! Those were good pics!!

seeker
May 9th, 2006, 09:12 PM
It was good to meet up with everyone and to hear that we are getting very close to achieving our financial goal .
Baby rocky , Pitbulliest and one other person that I am not sure of deserve a lot of credit for this event . It went over very well and all of you should be very proud of yourselves.
Coppersmom it was great to meet you , great picks and now I have a new way to ID people {from the knees down}LOL .Twodogsandcat I wish we had had a little more time to discuss the present govenment but we have a few months yet to go .
The band was terrific and thanks to them for their time and support .

I have heard there is a pic of our favourite polititian's face on the "HOT" seat circulating around here somewhere !!!!!!

babyrocky1
May 10th, 2006, 07:02 PM
It was good to meet up with everyone and to hear that we are getting very close to achieving our financial goal .
Baby rocky , Pitbulliest
thanks Seeker, the person your thinking of is Carrie, shes a pit bull co-op member and now the DLCC and Bullies in Need volunteer as well! But those decorations are all the inspiration of our very own Mumumumum! I must say its a pleasure to work as part of a great team, all of us very different so able to work really well together....It was amazing working with all of you! I know Steve from the DLCC has one of those pics Seeker...does anyone else have one?

babyrocky1
May 10th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Hey all, just in case you woud like to know the bottome line...drum roll please...it was something like four thousand nine hundred and seventy something..BUT...because it was so close...someone on the DLCC site decided to donate the last chunk so we hit FIVE THOUSAND......thats DOLLARS....Wahooooooo!:thumbs up :crazy: :party: :party: :highfive:

poodletalk
May 11th, 2006, 07:35 AM
That's fantastic! Congratulations on a job well done!

twodogsandacat
May 11th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Hey all, just in case you woud like to know the bottome line...drum roll please...it was something like four thousand nine hundred and seventy something..BUT...because it was so close...someone on the DLCC site decided to donate the last chunk so we hit FIVE THOUSAND......thats DOLLARS....Wahooooooo!:thumbs up :crazy: :party: :party: :highfive:

Not enough for a land developer to have a 'private' meeting with Premier McGuinty but a considerable amount. Way to go.

tybrax
May 11th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Congradulations thats is fantastic guys .:)
You should all be very proud of yourselves on a wonderful job.

tybrax and tyra

mummummum
May 11th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Hey Rocky...Is there something Minister Bryant should know before the trial starts?

babyrocky1
May 11th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks to Steve for the pic and MMUMUMUM for the post! This is how the boys and girls bathrooms were decorated for the Bash! First we thought about laminating Bryant and then we thought.....nah...! Looking at it now I guess I should have put bill 132....please flush! :fingerscr

Luvmypit
May 12th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Oh my you had me in stiches there. That is HILARIOUS!!!! Oh god I think I split my spleen!

As for the amount raised HOLY!!!! Amazing! Congrats guys. You guys should be sooooo proud. I know I am of you all. To think this all happened froma bunch of PB owners and non owners just tossing around ideas. Who says you can't maje a difference.

Watchdog
May 13th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Congrats to everyone.Glad to hear the bash was a great success. It sounds like I really missed out, I wish I could have made it down there to meet you all.I hope there will be another chance in the future,hopefully a victory celebration.Just a few more days now and the truth will be heard.Keep up the Good work.

pitbulliest
May 13th, 2006, 01:27 PM
ROTFLMAO..buahha..omigod I want like the original enlarged picture of the toilet scene..that is priceless!!!

Thanks for the support everyone.

mummummum
May 13th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I think T-Shirts for the victory party - we'll add the Bill 132 and horns on the bryant's head with a bubble for Rocky: "Look Mom - I flushed !"

pitbulliest
May 13th, 2006, 09:41 PM
lol omigod you have no idea how nervous I am about Monday you guys...I'm peeing my pants here..somebody house train me!!!

LOL

:crazy:

Georgiapeaches
May 13th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I have the butterfly's waiting for Monday.

Did anyone here attend any of the Bowl a thons today??? Just wondering, I was at the Toronto one.

babyrocky1
May 13th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I think T-Shirts for the victory party - we'll add the Bill 132 and horns on the bryant's head with a bubble for Rocky: "Look Mom - I flushed !" I put horns on Bryants head but theyre white so you cant see them
:mad: His pudgy face says it all anyways LOL
Hw was the bowl a thon Georgia? I think Seeker went. I havent recovered from the bash ye...Im way behind in my commisions so I have been trying really hard to catch up on my "regular life" Im honestly still tired though LOL

babyrocky1
May 14th, 2006, 12:46 AM
ROTFLMAO..buahha..omigod I want like the original enlarged picture of the toilet scene..that is priceless!!!

Thanks for the support everyone. you can download printable versions, Ill tell you were later .... Its a secret....tee hee hee...incase any Bryant spys are reading shhhhhhh....lol:cool:

babyrocky1
May 14th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Oh, just a remnder everyone, the word is it could take up to a month to decide this so while Monday and Tuesday are really big days, it likely wont be decided then. Freedom maybe in a few more weeks.....I hope we at least can make an "educated guess" though.:fingerscr

Luvmypit
May 15th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Ohh I woke up this morning and it was the first thing I thought about.

I am excited and nervous at the same time. I was thinking how long it would take... I wonder... the suspense is killing me. I definantly want to have a muzzle burning party.

I can't believe today is the day!!!!!!!

jesse's mommy
May 15th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Sooo, anything?