Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yoga? Doga?

jessi76
March 1st, 2006, 02:24 PM
Does anyone do yoga? pilates? yoga or pilates with your dog? Have you seen K9 Karma?

K9 Karma is a lighthearted show on Animal Planet, and every now & then I catch an episode, which got me thinking about trying it...

I do pilates at home - and everytime I start, I have my youngest cat & my pup, BOTH on the floor with me, laying with me, very much interested in what I'm doing, and wondering why they are not included. My bf jokes that they are doing pilates with me... which really isn't such a bad idea... I'm thinking of incorporating some yoga stretches into my pilates routine and letting them join in.

I'm sure it's just because I'm on the floor (where they normally are) ... but they actually do lay down with me - under me - on me, as I do the stretches.

Just wondering if anyone here does yoga and if they include their dog/cat?

jawert1
March 1st, 2006, 03:14 PM
Not intentionally, when I get down on the floor, Simon takes it as a cue to lay on me, though he's grown tolerant of me using him for weight resistance :p Peaches just licks me so I get about half an hour in till I'm soaked and tired lol

Prin
March 1st, 2006, 06:17 PM
My man does squats with 87 lb Boo on his shoulders. I thought I had a pic of it, but I don't.:(

I do stretch my babies out after a hard day sometimes. Like if Jemma has been running or swimming a lot, I stretch her muscles...

Luvmypit
March 3rd, 2006, 12:22 PM
I tried using that Pilates ball. Not a good idea with your pit bull trying to leap for it as you suspend it over your head! SO I gave up on the ball and let him play with it. He would almost roll himself over it until it broke. Chasing it down my hall, it was funny cause he would get caught and he would roll over it. Oh it was funny!

I would yell at him to go away but the big blue ball was like a dream for him. All the more reason not to exercise! lol