Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

street bone

kuroguro
March 1st, 2006, 08:16 AM
we just came back from our morning walk and it's garbage day in the neighbourhood. kuro grabbed a small chicken bone from the sidewalk before i could stop him and chewed and swallowed it. i know there are problems with splintering and bones getting stuck so i am worried. he seems ok so far. what should i do? what should i watch out for? i am supposed to be at a meeting very soon and have to leave him for about 3 hours. should i try to cancel?

Dukieboy
March 1st, 2006, 08:34 AM
Chicken bones are the one thing I could never get Duke to "leave" or "spit it out" and I don't know why there are so many damn chicken bones in the street. What, do people just walk around the city eating chicken wings? Anyway, I hope this helps, Duke has beaten me to the punch on more then a couple of occassions when it comes to chicken bones and he has always been alright afterward.

Lucky Rescue
March 1st, 2006, 08:59 AM
Do you have any cotton balls?

Put a bit of butter on one and get your dog to swallow it!

kuroguro
March 1st, 2006, 12:23 PM
thanks dukieboy and lucky rescue! I think he's ok but i'll keep an eye on him. i never realized the amount and variety of garbage on the streets until i got a dog...

BernerLver
March 1st, 2006, 12:40 PM
I can relate! Bailey will obey "drop it" or "leave it" commands with almost anything but when he got ahold of a roast chicken carcass form our garbage I had to literally open his mouth with both hands to make him give it up. :D

jessi76
March 1st, 2006, 01:14 PM
first, let me say I hope kuro's ok!

Lucky, what's with the cotton ball thing... :confused: I'm very curious