Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A really good message!!

Georgiapeaches
February 28th, 2006, 11:07 PM
I saw this posted on another forum.
It is a new Ice Cube video, and while I am previously not a huge fan of him or the music, I am a fan of this video.
It has an extremely good message, and includes a pitbull and a shout out to animal rescue!!!

Watch it here:
http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/blackwhite/main.html

pammydee
March 25th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Wow what a great message:thumbs up . I must admit I have never heard Ice Cube before but really enjoyed that. Thank you so much for sharing.

twodogsandacat
March 25th, 2006, 02:57 PM
N.W.A. (N**** With Attitude) released an album in the eitghties called Straight Outta Compton’s (an area of L.A). It contained a song titled F--- tha Police which delivered an angry response to LAPD brutality against black suspects (Rodney King anybody). It was immediately controversial and people drew sides.

I’m a sniper with a hell of a scope
Takin’ out a cop or two, they can’t cope with me…
Without a gun and a badge, what do you got?
A sucka in a uniform waitin’ to get shot

As a white guy I can’t speak fully to the message they were sending but the album is in my collection and….. my brother is a cop.

Ice Cube has come a long way and is now producing a new reality based TV show where a white family becomes black and the black family becomes white. My predication is: One hell of a powerful TV show that every American should watch.

We could all learn from this once controversial hip hop icon…it ain’t about color or what you look like. A lesson that we now preach on a daily basis when talking about pit bulls.

Rapper/actor/filmmaker Ice Cube and Emmy Award winning filmmaker R.J. Cutler have teamed to create a six-part documentary series titled “Black.White,” which will be broadcast on cable network FX.

Two families, one black and one white, share a home in the San Fernando Valley for the majority of the show.

The Sparks, who are black and hail from Atlanta, Georgia and their son Nick are transformed from black to white at the end of the show, while the Wurgel’s and their daughter rose are transformed from white to black.
http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5145

Luvmypit
March 28th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Ahh NWA, I have that album also. Although most people don't get the message in these kind of songs b/c they get hung up on the swearing on reference to violence but the message is clear and concise if you are open to hearing it. I really like his new video I expect more from him very soon, more concieous rap. I didnt have sound on my PC but I can se the point of the video. Very smart and definately has a clear message - Never judge a book by its cover.

babyrocky1
March 28th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Maybe we should show the video at the Rock-a-Bully Bash!