Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

March 1st Bad day for me!

doggy lover
February 28th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Two years ago March 1st I lost my Nan (grandmother) to cancer. She was such a wonderful person, everyone wanted her for their Nan, she was a great pet lover too. I still can't believe that she is gone, partly due to the fact that she lived in England, but I seen her at least once a year. She was such an important part of my life, now that part lies empty, it was so hard to lose her and my dog Travis only 6 weeks before. Here is a poem that I wrote to her on her birthday a couple of years before she died it show what a inspiration she was to me.

doggy lover
February 28th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Here is a poem that I wrote for her funeral.

doggy lover
February 28th, 2006, 12:01 PM
and a picture of my beautiful Nan, that was taken about 7 months before she passed away.

Prin
February 28th, 2006, 02:30 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Grammy a few years ago, and we were quite close too. Grandmothers are the best mothers in the world, IMO.

Luvmypit
February 28th, 2006, 03:21 PM
DL I think its fair to say that your nan had a great granddaughter. She must have been very proud of you.

She was beautiful! The poems are such a tribute.

Im sorry you feel the loss at this time of the year but I encourage you as you probably already know to think of the great times youhad. Memories are forever!:grouphug:

Shamrock
February 28th, 2006, 03:30 PM
What beautiful and heartfelt sentiments you've expressed, doggylover.. very touching. I'm sorry for your loss of your dear Nan. It's wonderful you honour her memory,and keep her close in heart and mind. Her light shines on for all that she was, and all that she meant to you.:grouphug: