Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

3 Sick Kittens

HeatherOlogy
November 17th, 2003, 10:56 PM
I have three, sick 6 month old kittens. Yesterday I noticed they werent eating as much as normal. Today they stopped eating all together. And now they are vomiting a little bit. Im very worried...any ideas?:confused:

Luba
November 17th, 2003, 11:15 PM
All three at the same time! Get them to a vet!!

Lets keep us posted!

Lucky Rescue
November 17th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Where did you get them? Have they been vaccinated?

Maybe they either they all ate something bad, or they have a contagious disease. I second Luba - vet!

HeatherOlogy
November 17th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I called the VET ER and they said it could just be worms and to keep them away from their food (even tho they arent eating it) and too call first thing in the morn. I just pray its treatable. Their momma just showed up one day and gave birth to them, we just brought them to be inside cats about 2 months ago when we lost their sis to getting hit by a car. They havent had worm meds in 2 months either.

kmasutra
November 17th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Hi I am new here and i do not now where else to go . My sister has a cat and apparently this cat could not bear kittens she keept haveing misscarages . This time she did not but when time came she had three still borns and one that survived . Now the owner is concerned because she thinks there is more in there if you know anything about this i would like to here because i am worried thanks alot

Kmasutra

Originally posted by HeatherOlogy
I have three, sick 6 month old kittens. Yesterday I noticed they werent eating as much as normal. Today they stopped eating all together. And now they are vomiting a little bit. Im very worried...any ideas?:confused: hello there i am new

Luba
November 18th, 2003, 12:13 AM
Hello K

Welcome. You may want to start a new thread but I'll stick to this one for you.

I dont' think this is anything any of us can really help with. The cat should be seen by a vet.

Luba

Lucky Rescue
November 18th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by kmasutra
Hi I am new here and i do not now where else to go . My sister has a cat and apparently this cat could not bear kittens she keept haveing misscarages . This time she did not but when time came she had three still borns and one that survived . Now the owner is concerned because she thinks there is more in there if you know anything about this i would like to here because i am worried thanks alot

Kmasutra

hello there i am new

Why is this cat having multiple pregnancies? If she is unable to deliver her last kitten, she must go the vet or she will die.

Tell your sister to get her spayed.

Pachiz
November 18th, 2003, 06:03 PM
Please do a search and read about PANLEUKOPENIA. I'm not saying it's that, but it's definetely something to worry about.

Pachiz

HeatherOlogy
November 20th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Just an update....Yesterday after we got them some meds for the vomiting, 2/3 kitties began to eat on their own again...1 still wouldnt eat. I had to go to the vet yesterday and get special food to force feed her with. Well we fed her twice yesterday and IT WORKED she began to eat on her own this morning!!! We are getting them wormed today, we found sum suspicious stuff in there fecal. But other then that everything seems to be better.!!

Luba
November 20th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Suspicious as in worm segments?

Keep an eye smiles on the poopies

HeatherOlogy
November 21st, 2003, 02:22 PM
Actually to be honest it looked like a slug wrapped in fecies. We show my friend who is in vet school and currently works in the vet office we take all of our animals to...and she the one who recommended worming them. They've been eating healthy and are beginning to realease some worms in there litter box!