Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do They Ever Grow Up?

jesse's mommy
February 27th, 2006, 07:40 PM
So, if you all remember a few months ago, I had bagpipes sitting on my front door because someone "really wanted them" and they "got them at a great deal". Well, since then we've received the following:

a dual set of drums that hook up to the PS2
a dance pad (Brittany Spears) that you hook up to the PS2

and today.....

The Eye Toy. It's a camera that hooks up to the PS2 and it matches up to your body and you do martial arts and fight these little anime guys that come onto the screen. So, I'm trying to hold in my laughter as Jim is about to pull his groin with his kicks to these little anime guys. He doesn't realize he's about to turn 37 next month!

Do they ever grow up?

Anyone else have one of these living with them?

jesse's mommy
February 27th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Now he's boxing.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 27th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Good for Jim I am a few years older them him, and I took kick boxing for a whole year -your never to old to try new things.

jesse's mommy
February 27th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Joey, I totally agree that you are never too old to try new things, but if you don't exercise AT ALL and all of a sudden you are doing martial arts moves and kicking, you realize really quick that you aren't in your early twenties any longer! :D

He bent down a few times and yelled Ouch and grabbed his leg. I looked at him and said that's what you get for not stretching first! :eek:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
February 27th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Actually I pulled a muscle at kick boxing once, they made us jump rope on this soft squishy matt. we were actually jumping back and fort over this ball, and I felt something pull in my calf - ouch instant Charlie Horse couldnt walk right for almost a week

Maybe Jim should try Pilates instead. :D ...maybe I should try pilates instead.

Prin
February 27th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Do they ever grow up?

I hope he never grows up. Me either.:o

Skryker
February 28th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Do they ever grow up?

:D Mine's 35 and shows no signs of growing up-which is good, 'cause neither do I! We're on our second PS2 'cause the first one wore out and we often have family "Super Monkey Ball Deluxe" nights. I would have bought him the Star Wars light saber game that hooks up to the TV for Christmas, if I'd been able to find it;) . Instead, i had to settle for a pair of Potato guns-fun but messy!

doggy lover
February 28th, 2006, 02:13 PM
What do they say about boys and their toys, they never grow up their toys just get more expensive.:p

jjgeonerd
February 28th, 2006, 05:08 PM
We never grow up.

I'm currently trying to convince my wife I need this new nitro powered radio controlled motorcycle that just came out. It sells for about $700. It's not looking good. :sad:

Bushfire2000
February 28th, 2006, 05:14 PM
What do they say about boys and their toys, they never grow up their toys just get more expensive.:p

So true, so true.

I wish it was just a radio controled car.
Next on the list is a quad.

doggy lover
February 28th, 2006, 05:24 PM
I rest my case.........:D

Writing4Fun
February 28th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Question: Do they ever grow up?
Answer: No. Absolutely not.

We've had remote control bikes & cars, both electric & gas-powered - I drew the line at helecopters & planes. We went through the "mud" phase with a Toyota pick-up that was lifted to the sky - both a model and a real vehicle (not sure why hubby insisted on having that "mini me" thing going on with his vehicles :confused: ). Then we moved on to real bikes (street and dirt), then a quad. One bike (the economy model) was upgraded to get a little closer to (but not quite) the "dream bike". There is now talk about actually getting the "dream bike", but of course the "interim bike" will not be sold, because you just can't ride the "dream bike" as a daily commuter (what was I thinking?!:eek: ). Then of course there was the paintball, and then the target shooting. Oh, yeah, I forgot the GPS phase, which included all the software and a laptop to run it all on.

Me? I have a new camera. Oh, and one motorcycle that I haven't ridden in 8 years because of the children. That's about it. Apparently, the children and dog count as my hobbies. :rolleyes:

Gazoo
February 28th, 2006, 11:37 PM
We never grow up.

I'm currently trying to convince my wife I need this new nitro powered radio controlled motorcycle that just came out. It sells for about $700. It's not looking good. :sad:

Haaa

.....try talking your wife into buying an airplane :D

Prin
March 1st, 2006, 01:26 AM
Yeah, my man can have whatever he wants, as long as it's not a motorcycle. My dad was a biker guy in the 70's and saw all his friends die out one by one. Noooo way. My man can have 10 cars if he wants, but never a bike.

doggy lover
March 2nd, 2006, 03:23 PM
Mine already has a nice truck, a ATV, a snowmobile and a canoe that he just had to put a motor on what more does he need?

Rick C
March 2nd, 2006, 04:04 PM
I'm 47 and Mrs. C bought me a Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) for Christmas plus a few games . . . . . and then a few more games for Valentines Day.

So she's sitting there watching the Oilers/Blues last night and I'm ignoring the hockey game as I'm trying to get to the next level on Navy Seals Recon Team (frustrating getting killed all the time just as I rescue the Chilean vice-president!!!).

Grow out of it? I dunno.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

chico2
March 2nd, 2006, 04:46 PM
Will they ever grow up??? NO!!Hubby is 63,just retired with lots of time on his hands and he's having a great time...well deserved I must add:love:

Writing4Fun
March 2nd, 2006, 05:00 PM
...what more does he need?
Ask him. I'm pretty sure he'll come up with something. ;)

doggy lover
March 2nd, 2006, 05:54 PM
I'm sure he'd find something for sure, thats the scary thing.:D

jawert1
March 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM
what more does he need?

all i had to do with my ex was wave the latest and greatest ad/article/review for the shiniest, newest, greatest tech gadget and he'd hop around and whine more than Simon before a meal. of course, that's when i'd ask the important questions like "do you mind i just spent a ton on shoes?" :evil:

jesse's mommy
March 28th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Sorry to revive this thread, but I thought I would update you to "our" new possession. We now own "The Kramer". Remember the painting of Kramer on Seinfeld? Well, we now own a framed copy of it and guess who wants to hang it in the living room? He doesn't understand why I said no! :D

Prin
March 28th, 2006, 04:32 PM
You should have seen how wide my eyes got when I read "The Kramer". I was thinking "Nooo wayyyyy.... Noooooooooo....."

That's pretty nuts. My man is cleaning airplanes in his free time... I guess I'm lucky as hell.:D

jesse's mommy
March 28th, 2006, 04:35 PM
The worse part is that he is so proud of himself for it. :o He thinks it's the greatest thing ever and said to me (in the serious tone), "I've wanted one of these for so long. I can't believe I finally found one." :eek:

Rick C
March 28th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Sorry to revive this thread, but I thought I would update you to "our" new possession. We now own "The Kramer". Remember the painting of Kramer on Seinfeld? Well, we now own a framed copy of it and guess who wants to hang it in the living room? He doesn't understand why I said no! :D

True story . . . . . a friend of ours got married and his new wife was okay with having every part of the house, including the living room, decorated with Deep Purple, Guess Who and Toronto Maple Leafs fan paraphenalia.

Where you would expect to find family portraits or pictures of flowers on the wall, there would be a gold record instead. In the bathrooms hung Leaf towels. Etc, etc.

A person's home is their castle and you can be as odd as you want in my opinion but that seemed a little strange.

I hesitate to even mention this because there is only one person in the world who fits that description and someone might know them and rat me out.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

CyberKitten
March 28th, 2006, 06:53 PM
My bf has the motorcycle (I hate it but he had it before me, sigh!) and he has a boat, a BIG one so I do enjoy playing with that with him - more than the boating, I like what we call the Yacht Club which is not as ostentacious as it counds, it is essentially an old building that serves great meals and offers the requisite courses for boaters - like how to yell for help and that kind of thing , lol

Of course, I have not really grown up myself - it is why I am in pediatrics. :D I have a mustang (the car, not the horse) and I am a gadget person who loves her retro toys - like all my Nancy Drew books and lots if stuffed toys which I share with my babies. I also have an ATV to play with on my woodlot and all manner of eltronic gadgets - all kinds of old computers and early stuff - I always loved that stuff, lol I even kept my slide rule and have lots of retro things like that. Any posters we have tend to be of politicians (hidden somwehere in the basement, heheh) except for the bf's mom who is retired from politics now tho. There is even an East Coast Music Award hanging around and a Juno (which I cannot explain for privacy reasons) but that does not sound as good as a gold record. No grammys tho I hope Natalie MacMaster would win one the yr she was nominated!!!

HunterXHunter
March 28th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah, we never grow up. I'm constantly buying new toys. I'm a big computer freak (geek? :p ); just a month ago I bought a new laptop (that makes 3 in as many years). Do I need one? No, not really...but do I want one? Definitely!

I'm also a weapons collector. I have 2 medieval swords on my wall, a samurai sword on and vertical stand, a double light-sabre w/actual blades, a sniper rifle (the AWP from Counter-Strike), a S.W.A.T. gas mask, and a plethora of bullets. Note: the above mentioned items are locked up and kept safe from kids (& dogs).

The funny thing is: for an average 24-year-old, I sure don't have much video game consoles. The last console I bought was Super Nintendo :eek: , but I'm considering buying a PSP to kill time while travelling to work. (Rick C: I believe you have one? Is it REALLY that good and worth the money?)

Come to think of it, I think this is the main reason why I don't own a car yet...I keep buying all this stuff...:D , which is why I'm gonna start saving up now and no more splurging (sp?) on more things I don't really need...

Rick C
March 28th, 2006, 07:49 PM
(Rick C: I believe you have one? Is it REALLY that good and worth the money?)

There I am, in my sweatpants, a sci-fi paperback bulging out of one pocket, my PSP with a Navy Seals game in the other pocket, walking around the house . . . . . okay, I admit it. I'm a nerd.

Yeah, its fun to have around.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Writing4Fun
March 28th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Hubby's latest "dream toy" is the new Toyota FJ Cruiser. But he's going to be waiting a loooooooooong time for that one! :evil:

jesse's mommy
March 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Hubby's latest "dream toy" is the new Toyota FJ Cruiser. But he's going to be waiting a loooooooooong time for that one! :evil:

I bet it's not as nice as The Kramer! :p

Writing4Fun
March 28th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Nope. You definitely win with that one. At least the toys my hubby goes for are aesthetically pleasing, if rediculously expensive. :crazy:

Prin
March 28th, 2006, 09:46 PM
He's not alone. When we went to the car show, there was a constant huddle of men around the FJ looking in the windows... It was hilarious. Hey, single women out there! If you want a man, get the FJ. :D

Writing4Fun
March 28th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Well, it is a nice truck. I actually wrote a blog entry about how some of the "manly" features could appeal to women in more practical ways too. :D Too bad I don't have an extra $40,000 lying around.

doggy lover
March 30th, 2006, 08:41 PM
My hubbies new\old toy is a 72 Toro tractor lawn mower that he is rebuilding. Why who knows, we already have one tractor lawn mower, but as long as it keeps him happy I say go for it. When I get a pic I'll send it to you guys.