Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Women fight back on street harrassment in NYC

Rick C
February 27th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Thought the ladies might find this amusing . . . . a new use for the internet as women in New York City post phone cam pictures of jerks harrassing them on the street.

First, a background story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,186116,00.html

And the website in question at the link below . . . . have to scroll down and use some links: A preamble:

Holla Back NYC empowers New Yorkers to Holla Back at street harassers. Whether you're commuting, lunching, partying, dancing, walking, chilling, drinking, or sunning, you have the right to feel safe, confident, and sexy, without being the object of someone's fantasy.

So stop walkin' on and Holla Back: Send us pics of street harassers!

http://www.hollabacknyc.blogspot.com/

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
February 27th, 2006, 11:38 AM
My god that's harrassment indeed! Why do guys feel entitled to belittle women like that? :rolleyes:

Rick C
February 27th, 2006, 12:55 PM
My god that's harrassment indeed! Why do guys feel entitled to belittle women like that? :rolleyes:

I posted this on another off-topic board and one guy came back and asked if a woman would still consider a lacivious comment to be "rude" if it came from a "hot" guy.

Rick C
www.go

Prin
February 27th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Any guy. It's the comment that is offensive. Just reading the comments without even seeing the pic makes me angry. There's a big difference between, "Your eyes are lovely" and "I want to hit that!" You know?

jesse's mommy
February 27th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Welcome to NYC! The land where there are no holds barred.

Luvmypit
February 28th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Europe at least portugal where I visited when I was 18 was bad! They are very foward and touchy.

Its just so uncomfortable when guys say these things.

You can ask any woman if they see a group of guys whether they are in business suits, blue collars or whatever you instantly feel uncomfortable knowing you have to walk past them b/c there is always one loser in the bunch who has a stupid comment that he normally wouldn't dare to say if he was alone. I hate that the most.

Just the other day a business man in my building told me he would love to be my pants. ahhhh YUK!

Rick C
February 28th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Just the other day a business man in my building told me he would love to be my pants. ahhhh YUK!

Did you get a picture of him? :sorry:

He must come from that planet where lines like that actually work. :(

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Prin
February 28th, 2006, 08:08 PM
It's funny because some of the nastiest, ugliest guys have the best pick up lines... They know they have one strike against them, so why take the risk?

jesse's mommy
February 28th, 2006, 08:29 PM
It's funny because some of the nastiest, ugliest guys have the best pick up lines... They know they have one strike against them, so why take the risk?

But then they may think "I know I have one strike, but someone might give in" attitude. So they think, why not take the risk?

Prin
February 28th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah, but if you're confronted on the street, you're more likely to more class in a less attractive person than in a guy who knows he's good looking. No?