Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Foster Home in London Ontario

bgracing
February 26th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that our home is open to a cat that may need a foster home in the London and surrounding area. We will be checking with the London Humane Society and other rescues around, but just wanted to let everyone on this board know that our home is open if any one knows of a cat that may need a foster home.

Also, just wanted to know what it takes to becoming a foster home with the Humane Society or any other rescue. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle and Jessica

lezzpezz
February 27th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Hooray! Good for you for taking on this loving responsibility! I live in London too. You could contact any of the following, who are always interested in foster homes:

Backyard Friends,
Animalert,
ARF London,
Animal Love Foundation;
Barking Rescue

I have a more complete list and will email you later with others if you wish. They are all volunteer organizations in and around London, so you should be most welcome with open arms!

If you go to some of their websites, you can read about what they expect from a foster family. Pretty strict and definitely in the best interests of the pet that needs care.

Good luck!

Lezzerpezzer:highfive:

bgracing
March 10th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Hey,

Thanks for the information, we contacted the animal love foundation and now have a nice male cat staying with us. He is a big boy and so friendly. We are happy to have him. Below is a picture of Snuggles (thats his name)

lezzpezz
March 11th, 2006, 10:32 AM
That is so awesome! I just had an email from that very rescue, as I have been co-ordinating free pet food pick ups between a vet, a caring lady, myself and all of those rescues that I listed. I found a source that will let me collect all kinds of high quality pet foods discarded from a vet for various reasons, and I then spread the wealth between these rescue groups. So glad that you have taken in a kitty to care for!

He sure is a handsome cat!

Take care,
Leslie:thumbs up

jesse's mommy
March 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM
That's so wonderful to hear! I'm so glad you have a foster.

Anette
March 14th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that our home is open to a cat that may need a foster home in the London and surrounding area. We will be checking with the London Humane Society and other rescues around, but just wanted to let everyone on this board know that our home is open if any one knows of a cat that may need a foster home.

Also, just wanted to know what it takes to becoming a foster home with the Humane Society or any other rescue. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kyle and Jessica

Hi kyle and Jessie

I'm Anette in Oshawa, and I rescue for a non profit rescue here. I have had hundreds of stray and abandoned cats and kittens come and live with my family and I over the last two years. I oiginally became involved by answering an ad through the Petsmart in my area. Sometimes local rescues will post in the adoption centers looking for foster homes or the staff at the store will know the name of the charities which use the adoption center to find homes for these cats and kittens. Also, the name of the charity which is useing the adoption center should be available to you either on the adoption card or by any staff member. Petcetera also has an adoption center used by rescue agencies. It has been immensly rewading.